Bar Hill Primary School (BHPS)
Salary: L11-23 – depending on skills, experience and previous track record
Possible relocation package
We are looking for someone who is dedicated, hardworking and passionate about creating a fantastic school to start in January 2020. We believe that Bar Hill deserves a school that children love to attend, parents enjoy supporting and the community is proud of.
Much of the groundwork is already in place. BHPS is a village primary school providing a high quality of education for the children in its catchment village and beyond. It has a proven track record of good attainment and of participation in a range of activities within its curriculum. BHPS continues to be rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted. We are now looking for a leader to move help us to build on these strong foundations.
As part of Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust (CMAT), the successful candidate will be someone who can galvanise and develop the school with their own vision. There are fantastic opportunities to do this through working within the primary family of the trust and its CMAT local secondary schools of Swavesey and Northstowe to develop effective approaches to an all through curriculum alongside seamless transition for children. It is a fantastic place to teach, lead and develop personally.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, innovative and vibrant Academy. If you want to work with wonderful students, committed staff and a forward thinking leadership team, this is the academy for you.
BHPS and CMAT exists to provide, support, and champion high-quality education at the heart of local communities.
Leading Bar Hill within CMAT can offer you:
• motivated friendly staff and children in a popular village school with a strong community presence
• a post with the potential for future progression both within this role and in the wider trust
• working with a dynamic team which consists of CEO, Primary and Secondary Principals, a supportive Senior Leadership Team
• the support of the wider trust network of experts and access to informal and formal professional development
• The chance to develop the next generation of teachers through our work with our ITT providers and trainee teachers
• Leadership supported within an established well thought of trust but maintaining a degree of individuality and character within your school
• For a new head, the support of an experienced CMAT as you establish your practice as a headteacher
• For an experienced head, the opportunity to share wider skills and develop a CMAT primary hub
• An attractive and vibrant village location, containing a variety of amenities.
The successful candidate will have:
• A track record of leading and developing with impact and outcomes for children
• A passionate and uncompromising commitment to all round student development
• Experience of converting vision into school improvement
• Have people skills which enthuse and develop staff and communicate effectively with parents
• Evidence of partnership working and wider impact
• The ability to seek out and then the courage to take opportunities to build on existing practice.
A commitment to and a belief in our CMAT Core Values:
• Achievement for All
• Valuing People
• A High Quality Learning Environment
• The Pursuit of Excellence
• Extending the Boundaries of Learning.
We warmly welcome visits to the academy from candidates. If you wish to do so, please contact: Jayne Bacon email@example.com 01954 273 305
The post will be based at:
Bar Hill Primary School
For further information, please contact Jane Dooley, Executive Director of Primary firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 9.00 am on Monday 23rd September 2019.
Interviews will be held over two days on: Thursday 26th and Friday 27th September
BHPS and CMAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.