Job Role and Responsibilities
- Formulate the School Development Plan (both short term and long term) for the Board of Directors’ approval.
- Execute and monitor the School Development Plan to achieve the goals of the school.
- Ascertain the school’s development needs, evaluate and revise as necessary.
Management of the School and School Resources
- Lead and manage the internal organization and day-to-day management of the school.
- Ensure the school is maintained in a good condition, and maximise the facilities to provide an effective learning environment for students
- Ensure smooth and efficient operations of school.
- Formulate the overall aims and objectives of the school following the ethos of EtonHouse Schools and develop policies for their implementation.
- Establish standard operating procedures for operation particularly regarding education matters.
- Ensure that there are adequate and efficient resources to deliver the curriculum and to minimize wastage of resources.
- Accountable for the budget and financial management of the school. Ensure that accurate regularly management account is submitted to the board of directors on a monthly basis.
- Develop and maintain a positive school ethos
- Lead and motivate all teaching and non-teaching staff, to positively work towards the School’s objectives.
- Lead the selection of teaching staff and non-teaching staff.
- Monitor, review and improve teaching and learning standards.
- Maintain a system of staff performance appraisal, goal setting, mentoring and counseling.
- Maintain good relationships with parents and facilitate appropriate contacts between staff and parents.
- Ascertain school development needs, evaluating and revising as necessary.
- Provide leadership in curriculum design, development, and implementation in collaboration with the Executive Principal (China).
- Ensure that teaching staff effectively implement the curriculum framework and maintain high quality pedagogy, as required by Management.
- Ensure that relevant and authentic evaluation and assessment of children’s learning and development is maintained and documented, with appropriate reporting to parents as required.
- Support teachers in monitoring, assessing and documenting children’s learning and development.
- Ensure the confidential storage and maintenance of all records.
- Provide on-going evaluation and requisition of materials and resources that support a high quality learning environment for young children, in collaboration with the teaching staff and Executive Principal (China).
- Work in close collaboration with the Head of Mandarin in order to support the effective pedagogy in the second language programs.
- Development of positive school ethos.
- Accountability for the quality, balance and relevance of the academic, pastoral and after-school activities in the curriculum received by the students within the framework of the curriculum adopted by the school.
- Accountability for the quality of teaching delivered by the teaching staff, monitor and review teaching and learning standards.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of professional development for the staff.
- To take on a teaching role in the school, as and when required.
Marketing and Enrolment
- Lead the efficient operation of the school and to ensure that the school reaches and maintains its optimum student enrolment.
- Assist with public relations – e.g., conduct tours of the school as required (may also be undertaken by the School Community Liaison.)
- Develop marketing strategies in association with the Director of Marketing and the Board.
- Work closely with marketing personnel on strategic marketing of the school to achieve target student population.
- Achieve a quality school image in the community.
- Interact with prospective parents, when possible, to explain the curriculum and the ethos of the school.
- Work closely with the Finance manager on the development of a school financial budget.
- Oversee the expenditure for the school and ensure adherence to the budget.
- Ensure that the school has satisfactory inventory records of all resources, including classroom resources.
Management of Staff
- Ensure that staff members maintain professional relationships with parents which includes respecting confidentiality of all school business and records.
- Work together with Executive Principal (China) to ensure harmonious staff relations and a motivated staff team.
- Monitor teacher performance, undertaking Teacher Performance Appraisals on an annual basis.
- Advise on confirmation of employment following the probation period for all employees.
- Arrange for relief staff in case of absences.
- Advise the Board of Directors on staffing requirements.
- Interview prospective students and parents, ensuring Prospective Student form is completed before admission (also undertaken by the Marketing Manager/ School Community Liaison).
- Allocation of students to specific classes with regard to date of birth, friendship groupings, previous class placement, learning and development considerations, and any other relevant factors.
- Maintain required child-staff ratios in all classes based on age.
- Establish and maintain positive and effective communication with families and the community in general.
- Prepare regular updates for submission to Head Office.
- Perform any other duties as required by the Board of Directors.
- Work closely with HR and the Executive Principal (China) to advise on staffing needs, assist with recruitment and interview of, induction and training of staff.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Education from a recognised University
- 8-10 years of direct work experience including at least 4 years in a leadership role with an International School working with children aged 3 to 19 years old
- Experience in working in an IB PYP, MYP and DP accredited school is essential
- Extensive experience in leading, developing and/or teaching an inquiry play based curriculum
- Prior experience with the Reggio Emilia learning approach is preferred
- High EQ, mature, exemplary leadership and management skills are essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be well organised, work under pressure whilst maintaining a positive approach to work and relationships with others
- A high degree of organisational skills, decision making and use of initiative
- The ability to motivate, support and encourage staff through a collaborative approach
- Ability to oversee the pastoral welfare of students
- International experience, especially in Asia, is highly valued
Remuneration package includes a competitive salary based on relevant years of teaching experience. A living allowance which includes housing will be provided alongside with airfare and shipping allowances. Medical insurance coverage will also be provided to selected candidate and eligible dependants
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a cover letter with updated resume to the EtonHouse Group Human Resources Department firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also contact EtonHouse International Education Group HR Team at +65 6229 5761