Launceston College is a successful and popular secondary academy with a thriving sixth-form and is part of the wider Launceston College Multi-Academy Trust.
We would like to appoint a College Principal who will be a visible, effective, strong and thoughtful leader, passionate about ensuring excellent progress for all young people. They will work to understand, deepen and enrich the existing qualities of our school community.
The successful candidate will be:
- a high quality leader with the ability to inspire, lead and empower staff and students to achieve their best
- an innovative thinker, who is able to plan for strategic improvement and manage change with confidence and sensitivity
- able to create clarity, direction and accountability for key areas and departments
- able to take a broad view, think beyond immediate circumstances, and see connections that might exist between issues
- able to organise, break down, and prioritise solutions to complex challenges, through personal effort, experience, and by delegating effectively to others
- a well organised, purposeful leader of systems and processes
- an excellent communicator, who motivates and inspires confidence and trust in their day to day interactions with students and colleagues
- equipped with a high degree of personal integrity and resilience
- committed to maintaining and developing strong, positive relationships with students, staff, parents, other schools, and people and organisations important to the running of the College
- committed to the College’s and wider Trust’s existing values but also prepared to challenge and develop current practice
- demonstrate and model their own learning and be prepared to develop new skills and outlooks as an example to others
- committed to working collaboratively with leaders across the Trust, including Trust wide senior staff and other school Principals
- able to respond and adapt effectively to changing circumstances, maintaining high levels of performance
- able to protect staff and students from external pressures where they exist, keeping a resolute focus on College priorities
- able to demonstrate a good understanding of legislation and regulation
- keen to promote the well-being of students and staff
- able to instil and maintain a culture which provides support, so that all pupils feel safe and enjoy their experience at school.
In return, we are able to offer
- a good school which has a wide range of high quality provision within and beyond the curriculum
- our students are very well-behaved and highly motivated and you will be supported by a dedicated and committed team of staff, including a strong Academy Leadership Team
- an existing school culture which seeks to be fair, developmental, and genuinely supportive of staff and students
- stable, effective, established systems for a wide range of processes
- a school that is respected in the community
- opportunities to access professional development to ensure you are successful at the start and as the role develops
- support from cross Trust systems and school improvement leaders
- friendly, cooperative and hard-working staff
- a school where sixth form learners are well prepared for their next stage of education, training or employment
- a contribution towards relocation expenses for the right candidate
Visits to the College are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by phoning: Fiona Hutton, PA to the CEO, on 01566 701680.
If you are interested in this position, please complete an application form and send it to Fiona Hutton, PA to the CEO, on email@example.com by 9am on Monday 24 February 2020.
Launceston College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake stringent safeguarding checks, including an enhanced DBS.
Launceston College is committed to equality of opportunity and warmly welcomes applications from all sectors of the diverse community.
Our recruitment policies, procedures and practices enable all applicants to be considered on merit and ability to do the job. We will make reasonable adjustments, in line with the Disability Discrimination Act, for disabled applicants if these are needed.