Principal for The Sixth Form College, Solihull
Required for January 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter
Salary range: L34 – L46
Ninestiles Academy Trust is seeking an outstanding Principal to take The Sixth Form College, Solihull, a leading sixth form college, to even greater success.
The College joined the Trust on 1 August 2017, heralding an exciting new future with wide-ranging opportunities for collaboration.
The College was judged ‘good’ by Ofsted in 2013 and has maintained its high standards in recent years. With a growing and richly diverse intake, the college has around 1500 students and is one of the largest level-3-education-only sixth form colleges in the country.
The strong ethos of the college is reflected in its key principles of ASPIRE, INVEST, RESPECT, which underpin all our work together. We have very high aspirations; over 100 students have progressed to Oxbridge in the last 10 years – 9 this summer.
Excellent facilities, including new art and design, drama and performing arts facilities, support students’ learning and enrichment.
· Are excited by the opportunity to step up from your current role to provide strong, innovative leadership to take the college forward
· Have significant and successful experience of raising standards in your current role
· Are looking for challenge where you will be supported by the Trust and its Director of School Improvement, Secondary and Sixth Form
· Want the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the realisation of a shared Trust vision and strategy
· Know that you can inspire and motivate students, staff and all other members of the college community
then we’d like to meet you.
If you have the drive and vision to lead The Sixth Form College, Solihull then please contact Mutrice Bedford on 0121 704 2581 or Komrun Bibi on 0121 628 1311 to make an appointment to visit the College.
Closing date: Monday 30th October 2017
Interviews: We anticipate these will be held within 3 weeks of the closing date.
Application packs are available on our websites: www.ninestilesacademytrust.org.uk or www.solihullsfc.ac.uk. Completed applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Ninestiles Academy Trust, Hartfield Crescent, Birmingham, B27 7QG.
We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and we expect all applicants to share this commitment. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.