Abbey View School is an alternative provision free school, catering for up to 40 pupils (age 11 to 16) who are at risk of exclusion or have been excluded from main stream education. It was founded in 2013 following a successful bid to the Department for Education from its three founding secondary schools: Chipping Campden School, Cleeve School and Tewkesbury School. A high proportion of the students educated at Abbey View come from the founding schools and the relationship between them and Abbey View remains strong. The school was rated “good” at its last Ofsted inspection in 2017 and the venture continues to be a tremendous success.
We are looking for a first class professional to lead and further develop our school. Our “vision and ethos” is pupil centred and aims to offer young people an outstanding opportunity for academic achievement and personal growth.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- A clear vision for alternative provision and a proven track record for delivering outstanding outcomes for pupils
- Senior level management experience, leadership qualities and emotional intelligence
- An understanding of driving school improvement through effective monitoring and evaluation
- An ability to work with a range of stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes
Due to Covid arrangements, visit days will be spread over the 13th, 14th, and 17th May.
Please contact Nadya Mounsor to book an opportunity to visit the school on 01684 292829 or by email at email@example.com .
To download an application pack, please visit www.abbeyviewschool.co.uk.
Dates for application: apply by 10 a.m., Wednesday, 19th May, ’21 to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Interview dates: 24th and 25th May
Abbey View is committed to equality of opportunity and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this. All successful candidates will be subject to Enhanced DBS certification and other relevant pre-employment checks.
Abbey View School
- Alternative provision with state - free school funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years