We are looking for a talented and inspirational leader to take our small private primary school in Causeway Bay into the next stages of its development. Chinese Academy is a new, purpose-built unique school catering for up to 100 students from years 1-6 on the beautiful site of Confucius Hall next to the Hong Kong Stadium.
Our school caters for all young people from both local and international backgrounds and specialises in developing personalised learning programmes for all learners across a broad curriculum so that they can achieve their full potential and are enabled to contribute to both local and global society with a solid foundation of Chinese culture and International perspectives. Our pupils are fully prepared for the next stage of their educational journey whether in Hong Kong or around the world.
Our Mission is:
- To provide a child-centred, broad and balanced Primary education in a nurturing and supportive environment where children are encouraged to become independent learners.
- To provide effective bi-lingual learning experiences both inside and outside of the classroom.
- To facilitate students’ intrinsic motivation for learning ensuring that each child reaches his/her full potential through a differentiated curriculum.
- To develop the whole child taking into account the Confucius values, humaneness, righteousness, reason, wisdom and integrity. Ensuring that our children become tolerant, socially responsible and independent to equip them for today’s ever-changing world.
- To work closely with all professionals to ensure the best possible outcomes for all pupils.
We are looking for an experienced leader who has good leadership and management/communication skills, with a strong commitment to quality education according to the vision of the School Sponsoring Body, is passionate about improving the lives of young people and has the vision to take our school to its new heights in development. The successful applicant will be a strong and compassionate leader who can develop the staff team, academic standards, assessment for learning, STEM curriculum and has a sound understanding of inclusive education.
To learn more about the school, please see refer to the school website at https://www.caps.edu.hk.
Applicants are expected to possess the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in school leadership position
- Higher educational professional qualifications such as master’s degree in education
- Preferably has already completed the Certification for Principalship (Hong Kong), the National Professional Qualification for Headship (UK) or equivalent. Satisfies EDB requirements
- Preferably has experience of school leadership in Hong Kong using the UK/international curriculum
We offer an attractive package including competitive salary, housing allowance and medical insurance.
For further information about the post, please refer to the Job
Description. To apply, please submit a full CV and covering letter detailing your
experience, how you meet the job specification, and your vision in education to:
“The Supervisor, Chinese Academy, 12/F Lee Garden Six, 111 Leighton Road, Causeway
Bay, Hong Kong SAR” or by email to “email@example.com”. Applications must
be marked “Application for Principalship”.
Any queries should be directed to Ms. Tiffany Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted for an interview will be
Closing date for applications: Friday 19th February 2021
Interviews either in person or via zoom starting from Monday 22nd February 2021
Chinese Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practice and appointments are subject to an interview, identity and criminal record checks, and satisfactory references.
Chinese Academy Primary School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 11 years