Glenealy School Website: http://www.glenealy.edu.hk
Hong Kong is a vibrant and dynamic international city. It ranks amongst the world’s leading financial centres and plays a pivotal role as the gateway to China and Asia.
ESF is seeking to appoint a principal to lead Glenealy School. The school is located in one of Hong Kong's most international and diverse residential communities and has a proud history of nurturing innovation and creativity in education.
- Joining a world-class education system with a strong focus on continuous professional learning and development;
- Leading a team of highly motivated and successful educators;
- Working in partnership with a community of highly engaged parents;
- Competitive salary and cash allowance;
- International medical coverage;
- Education allowance for up to three children; and
- 20% gratuity upon successful completion of a two-year contract.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a dynamic educator with a proven track record for securing excellent outcomes for students;
- Have the experience and skills to lead and manage a primary school;
- Be able to drive the inclusion philosophy of the school;
- Be responsible for leading development on pedagogy and curriculum in the school and in collaboration with ESF schools;
- Be internationally-minded and welcome being part of a diverse, international community;
- Be approachable, a skillful communicator and highly visible in school;
- Be knowledgeable about curriculum and learning;
- Be able to lead, nurture and further develop the school’s performance and practice to secure a positive culture and strong learning outcomes; and
- Be committed to fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
Applicants must have experience of leadership in a primary school setting and the ability to lead and develop an inquiry-based curriculum, a degree, a professional teaching qualification, fluency in English and a desire to contribute to collegiate working at an education system level.
For information about the school, please visit www.glenealy.edu.hk
Further details can be seen in the job description including minimum and required experiences and skills; click HERE.
Closing Date: 15 March 2021 (11:59 PM, Hong Kong Time)
For enquiries, please contact Kunal Mulchandani at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and offers may be extended prior to the job closing date.
By applying for this position, your application may be considered for other opportunities within ESF.
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
The English Schools Foundation (ESF) is the largest English-medium international school organisation in Hong Kong. Our 22 schools and comprehensive programme of extra-curricular activities bring out the best in every student through a personalised approach to learning and by inspiring curious minds.
There are over 18,000 students from 75 different nationalities in ESF kindergartens, primary, secondary and all-through schools. About 70% of our students have parents who are permanent residents of Hong Kong.
ESF is proud of the high academic and wider achievements of our students. In 2020, 22 ESF students achieved the perfect score of 45 points in the IB Diploma examinations; more than 95% go on to leading universities worldwide.
About the Team
ESF Glenealy School is a community-based school. We are proud of the positive relationships that we build with students, their families and the wider community. Being a 2-form entry ESF primary school of 360 students, we are able to offer a personalised, inclusive and flexible approach to meeting the needs of our learners.
At Glenealy, highly skilled teachers ensure an education that is transformational. We develop caring and curious global citizens who make a positive difference. We provide meaningful and relevant experiences where learners develop skills, knowledge, understanding and attitudes for success in life. Our safe, nurturing environment values each learners’ voice and choice, fostering positive relationships in which learners flourish.
At Glenealy, our mission statement is to empower learners to flourish and make a positive difference. Our vision for every student is to be the best that they can be. We support and challenge students to ensure continual academic progress, personal growth and high standards.
An extensive co-curricular programme provides opportunities for students to participate in a range of arts, sports and special interest activities.
Glenealy School - ESF
- Mainstream school with state funding
- Primary School
- Students of age 5 - 11 years
Glenealy School's vision is to be a place of excellence where children can strive to achieve their best in their academic, creative, personal and physical development. It aims to be a caring school where children and adults feel they can make a contr...