The John Wallis Church of England Academy opened in September 2010. In 2011 we opened our new Sixth Form and in 2012 we became a 3-19 Academy, from September 2020 we will be a 0-19 Academy.
We are proud to work closely with our sponsors The Diocese of Canterbury, Kent County Council, Benenden School and Canterbury Christ Church University. Our sponsors are deeply committed to improving the life chances of the young people in our community, and work together with The John Wallis Academy and other local schools and business partners to help realise these aspirations and develop opportunities for all.
We are passionate in our belief that every child and young person should have the opportunity to realise their full potential; to be encouraged to raise their aspirations; and to have the opportunity to learn in an environment that is safe, inspired and guided by the key Christian values of respect, truth, trust, integrity and love.
We are a comprehensive school at heart and strive to ensure no one is left behind and all students are given the opportunity to develop their knowledge and skills.
Due to the retirement of the current Principal Governors are seeking a visionary leader to work creatively and collaboratively with all stakeholders to make a positive impact on the lives and experiences of pupils, students, staff, parents and carers and the wider community. This leader will build on the inspirational work achieved so far and take the school to even greater heights. This is an excellent opportunity to build on solid foundations of strong values and aspirations and of high achievement.
Governors will appoint:
- An experienced Principal/Headteacher able to uphold and promote a distinctive Christian ethos.
- A proven leader able to motivate, inspire, support and develop the talents of pupils, students and staff in a vibrant and progressive environment.
- A leader with a clear understanding of the challenges faced by our demographic, who can further raise aspirations for students and community.
- A visionary to chart a route that delivers academic excellence while providing pupils and students with innovative opportunities and the encouragement to work hard to realise their aspirations and achieve their full potential.
- A people person, committed to partnerships, with proven achievements delivered through consultation and collaboration.
School tour: By appointment, please contact Emma Fletcher to book
Closing date: Monday 27th January 2020
Shortlisting: Thursday 30th January 2020
Interviews: Monday 10th and Tuesday 11th February 2020
To request an application pack or book a school tour please contact Emma Fletcher at Hays Leadership on 01273 721579 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To discuss the role in more detail, please call Dion Mills on 01273 721579 or email email@example.com
While applicants are not required to be committed communicant members of the Church of England they should demonstrate their full support for the Christian vision and values of the Academy central to providing an excellent education for children of all faiths and none.
The John Wallis Academy is committed to equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful candidate.
Do not use the blue apply button below, instead all applications (and requests for the information pack) should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org