We are currently looking for an inspirational Principal to lead the school in delivering high quality education in achieving its purpose, mission and business goals. He/she will have a clear, strategic vision and the ability to motivate and inspire students, staff and parents. This is a great opportunity to join and lead a superb staff, who are committed to the continuous improvement of the school.
Garden International School (GIS) is a well-resourced successful international school with great facilities and a reputation for academic excellence; we place the success of each and every student at the centre of our mission. GIS is a family, and with our fantastic students, dedicated and motivated team of excellent teachers and admin support, it truly is a wonderful place to learn and teach.
At GIS, we know that every student requires more than academic ability to succeed in today’s global economy, and with that in mind, we offer an incredible pastoral support system, an extensive range of extra-curricular activities and strongly adhere to a skills-based approach to learning that supports and underpins our success in meeting the rigorous academic requirements of International GCSEs and A-Levels.
The school is focused on creating the best environments for our learners to grow and develop academically, emotionally, physically and socially. With a positive and progressive outlook, based on the latest research, we seek to constantly improve the provision for learning. With over 75 hours dedicated to teacher CPD every year, as well as a keen focus on staff and student well-being, we are constantly striving for excellence, both as practitioners and for our learners. GIS uses the latest technology to enhance learning and provide a 1:1 device programme and use Google Apps for Education as our main learning platform.
Core Purpose of The Role
The Principal manages the business and operations of the school and develops programmes for GIS compatible with the mission, ethos and values of the School. He/she is responsible for the academic leadership and operational management of the School and is accountable to the Board of Governors for delivering the highest standard of education and ensuring financial viability of the school. The Principal will be reporting to the President of Taylor's Schools in leading the ongoing strategic development of GIS.
Key leadership responsibilities
- Provide strategic and day-to-day management of GIS.
- Reporting to the President of Taylor's Schools and working in collaboration with other members of Taylor’s Schools Office (TSO) and Taylor's Education Group (TEG) to ensure GIS operates in an efficient manner and strategic aims are met.
- Ensure cohesive and integrated faculty in order to continually develop staff performance to ensure that a high standard of teaching is delivered to students.
- Articulate and enhance GIS’ education aims, ensuring that the school is providing an exceptional experience for the students, and that the balance is achieved between academics, the arts, sporting activities, etc.
- Develop, implement, execute and evaluate the curriculum instructional programs as well as academic related matters and support the activities to improve student achievement.
- Build and promote a positive, supportive and safe school climate that shows interest and care for students.
- Establish an environment of collaboration, and empower and engage staff in participatory decision-making.
- Provide effective coaching and performance evaluation to challenge and mentor staff through setting aspirational and achievable goals in order to continue developing their own skills, and to share responsibility and accountability for maintaining high standards throughout the school.
- Oversee recruitment and welcoming of students, families of students, and staff and promote effective communication between them.
- Analyse and use school enrolment data to develop an effective plan, direct, monitor or evaluate allocation of fiscal resources which includes planning and submitting annual school budgets.
- Create a culture of excellence that can build effective relationships with various constituent groups which make up the school community; the students, staff, parents, alumni and the local community.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Minimum 15 years of relevant work experience with demonstrable, successful experience as a school leader preferably in a medium to large international school at the Principal/ Headteacher level.
- Broad experience in delivering an international education based on the British curriculum.
- Strong academic credentials including but not limited to knowledge of curriculum, instructional practice, student learning styles, innovative educational practices and student assessment.
- Strong collaborative management style, and ability to develop and participate effectively in teams.
- Strong academic leadership skills and a deep commitment to improving the quality and standard of education.
- Ability to create and communicate a clear and compelling view for the future of the school.
- Evidence of positive personal contributions to the school ethos.
- Personal resilience and the ability to engender the best in others.
- A global perspective / internationally minded.
- Awareness of the challenges facing a private international school in an increasingly competitive market.
Please follow the 'Quick Apply' option to submit your application and upload your CV and a formal letter of application. The letter should incorporate how you meet the person specification, why you are applying for the position and what particular attributes and qualities you would bring to the role. Please review the Job Description and the Applicant Info Pack prior to applying.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 1st December 2020. Early application is encouraged as we reserve the right to shortlist prior to the closing date. Interview is scheduled to take place on 8th December & 9th December 2020.
Garden International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all offers of employment are subject to a criminal record check (ICPC or equivalent).
Garden International School - Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
GIS At A Glance
Garden International School (GIS) is one of the world’s leading international schools with a strong academic track record. Our high quality, holistic education ensures that our students leave us well equipped for life; it is not surpr...