Notre Dame Catholic Sixth Form College is a highly successful college located in the Universities area of Leeds. The College is rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted, is established in the top quartile of all sixth form colleges for value added and is always oversubscribed.
The governors seek a person with the vision and ability to build on Notre Dame’s reputation for educational excellence underpinned by Catholic values.
This post could be of interest to an existing principal or senior leader in a Sixth Form College or an equivalent post holder in a school or academy having a large sixth form.
Potential candidates are welcome to have an informal discussion with the current Principal, Terry Coen, and/or arrange a visit to the College.
The successful applicant will:
- be a committed, practising Roman Catholic able to maintain and develop the Catholic character of the College and its willingness to welcome those of other denominations and faiths;
- have the vision to lead the College in offering an outstanding educational and extra-curricular experience for each student;
- possess the excellent interpersonal skills necessary to lead and motivate a committed, capable staff;
- have the knowledge and understanding of funding and finance essential to successfully manage a £9m+ budget;
- have undertaken professional development appropriate to the post and have achieved success in a senior management role;
- be active in promoting partnerships with students, parents, partner and other schools, the Catholic and wider community.
Closing date: 09:00 on Friday, 20th October 2017
Post Description and Person Specification attached. For further details, including the full application pack please follow this link:
Interviews: will be held Monday 27th November and Tuesday 28th November 2017
The College is committed to Safeguarding and promotes the welfare of young people and expects all staff, students and volunteers to share this commitment.