Oeiras International School (OIS) is looking for a Principal to lead the school from August 2019.
Set in beautiful, rural surroundings, in the suburbs of Lisbon and partly housed in a 17th Century palace, Oeiras International School (OIS) is a not-for-profit IB World School for students aged 11 to 19. Since it was established in 2010 it has experienced phenomenal growth due to its reputation for high quality teaching and learning. The school aims to develop young leaders and entrepreneurs and distinguishes itself through innovative teaching methods. OIS prides itself in its small class sizes and high levels of student achievement. It has recently obtained permission to build a Primary School campus close to the current Secondary School site.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The new Principal will help take an already successful school to the next stage in its development. Working closely with the Board and the Business Manager, the Principal will help develop and implement the school mission and vision ensuring that there is always a strong focus on high quality teaching and learning.
The Board and school community of OIS seek a dynamic, forward-looking educational leader with the experience and skills to manage a medium sized IB school, and who understands governance and can work with a committed, capable Board. The Principal will need to be internationally minded, with international experience, comfortable being part of a diverse, international community for many years.
Applications are welcome from current school Principals but this role may also appeal to a current Head or Head of Secondary/ Vice Principal who is ready for the next step in their career.
This is an opportunity to be part of a close, family oriented, small school community. OIS is proud of its unique characteristics.
The new Principal will be a caring person with a passion for improving learning and a serious commitment to high standards. He/ she will be a very good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills who will lead by example.
In addition, the new Principal must be:
- A learning leader, dedicated to teaching for understanding, with a proven track record in curriculum implementation, monitoring and evaluation in an IB school;
- Able to work with an experienced Leadership Team and Business Manager;
- Visible, approachable, and involved; a great internal and external communicator;
- Someone who knows how to build cohesion and a shared sense of purpose and is a firm decision-maker;
- Committed to the effective use of technology in support of the learning program;
- Willing to commit for a significant period of time;
- Able to refine the school’s vision and lead OIS forward in pursuit of ever better
- models of education and learning, fully integrating curriculum and technology;
- Able to build relationships with parents, students and teachers and is highly visible and accessible.
- Hold a Masters Degree or equivalent school leadership qualification;
- Have the ability to speak more than one language
If you are interested in applying for a position at Oeiras International School, please click on the link below to complete the online application form:
All references will be requested at the time of application unless otherwise specified. If you do not want us to request references in the early stage of your application please ensure that you specify this on the application form. We regret we are unable to accept applications via email at this time.
Please also make sure you download the relevant information booklet in the 'related downloads' section via the above link.
Closing date for applications: Monday 29th October 2018
Final interviews: Held in Portugal w/c 19th November 2018
Please note this position is being re-advertised, previous applicants need not re-apply.
For any questions or enquiries, please contact Amy Bardsley, Senior Recruitment Consultant at TIC Recruitment at email@example.com.
Oerias International School is committed to safeguarding children and will ensure that recruitment procedures adhere to safer recruitment guidance. Successful candidates may be subject to an enhanced UK Disclosure and Barring Service check and/or equivalent overseas police check where relevant.