Do you have the vision, passion and rigour to develop and lead a brand new secondary school in north London?
Ark Pioneer Academy will open in September 2019 in Barnet, north London. The academy will educate pupils from Year 7 to A Level and will serve the diverse local community. The academy will begin with a year 7 cohort in September 2019 and will build year by year. The academy will have a brand new building and all staff will be appointed by the founding Principal. The Principal will take up post in September 2018 so will have a significant period of time to plan for the academy’s opening.
We are intent on creating a school that provides pupils with a standard of education the equal of any in the world. To achieve this, we are seeking a visionary and highly effective leader. The new Principal will work with the Ark Regional Director to establish a vision for the school, recruit great staff and put in place rigorous systems for the opening of the new school.
Given the academy will build year by year the new Principal’s experience will not be a determining factor. We will consider candidates with relatively little senior leadership experience if they meet the criteria set out below. Equally, we would very much welcome applications from experienced candidates excited by starting a new school.
Ideal candidates will:
- Be well educated. We will only consider applicants with good A Levels, or the equivalent, and good degrees.
- Have a very clear understanding of what makes a great school and the skills and character required to develop this (rigorous planning, high expectations, great CPD, strong leadership, honesty, kindness, passion, commitment and resilience).
- Be fully aligned with the Ark pillars.
- Be committed to codifying great practice so as to ensure a lasting legacy at the academy and across the wider network.
- Be excited by, and committed to, supporting practices that will drive great progress in the Ark North London region and across the wider network of Ark schools.
To apply please go https://goo.gl/1oY81Z. Please submit your application by 9am on Monday 15th January. For further information, a confidential discussion or for any technical queries please contact Jerry Collins, the Ark Regional Director, at email@example.com or on 07908158436.
Closing date: 9am on Monday 15th January 2018
First Stage Interviews: Wednesday 24th January
Final Interviews: TBD
Start Date: September 2018
Salary: Highly Competitive
Ark is an international charity that is transforming lives through education. We exist to make sure that every child, regardless of background, has access to a great education and real choices in life.
We value diversity and are committed to safeguarding and promoting child welfare. The successful candidate will be subject to DBS and any other relevant employment checks.