GEMS Education has a global network of world class international schools. With more than 55 years of experience, GEMS Education is committed to improving the quality of education worldwide. Every day, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we impact 1.4 million students through the initiatives of our charity partner the Varkey Foundation.
The GEMS approach to learning is one which focuses not only on academic excellence but also in helping students develop their character, creativity, values, personal leadership and the spirit of enterprise necessary for them to achieve their full potential as global citizens and leaders of the future.
GEMS International School, Pearl City Penang is a relatively new school, currently in its 3rd year of operation. It provides a high standard of education in a supportive and friendly environment. The school has 400 students FS1 – Y11 (adding Year 12 from 2018-19 and Year 13 2019-18), predominantly from the local community where they are the first in the family to access an international education. At capacity the school will have approximately 1000 students FS1 – Year 13. The school provides opportunities for students to develop their full, all round potential through a rich academic offer, combined with a wide variety of extra-curricular activities.
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional Principal with the drive and vision to lead this growing school from August 2018. We will also consider applications from candidates available from April 2018 to enable an extensive handover with the outgoing Principal.
As an outstanding leader you will have:
- educational expertise and a proven track record of developing and sustaining very high standards within a caring learning environment;
- excellent communication skills and an ability to create an exciting learning community that will motivate and inspire students;
- the ability to provide strategic direction and set expectations by communicating goals clearly and empowering collaboration in your staff body;
- successful and demonstrable experience of parental engagement and evidence of creating community partnerships that enhance learning;
- a cultural understanding and willingness to become part of the growing community.
You will have also demonstrated a successful track record of student achievement and attainment in a National Curriculum for England School. Experience of international education would be desirable but not essential.
If you believe that you can make an impact and take GIS on the next stage of its journey then we would like to hear from you, please send a CV and letter of application stating why you have the knowledge, skills and experience to lead this growing school, to Danielle West at email@example.com.
Closing date: 12 noon on Wednesday 29th November 2017. Any applications received prior to this date will be followed up immediately.
Be a leader at GEMS Education