Horizons Specialist Academy Trust consists of four academies and one sixth form across Stockton-on-Tees and Middlesbrough serving a population of approximately 550 students aged 5 to 19 with a broad range of learning difficulties.
Hollis Academy is situated in Middlesbrough and provides for 85 pupils aged 11 to 16 years who have SEMHD as their identified primary need. Hollis Academy joined the Trust in October 2016 as a sponsor academy. Since that time, rapid progress towards improvement has been realised due to the commitment of the staff team, the positive leadership of the Principal and the robust support from the Trust’s Executive Principal.
Due to the promotion of the current post holder, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and inspirational senior leader to the post of Principal to lead the staff team at Hollis Academy. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, dedicated and energetic in leading the academy in its continuing journey of school improvement.
The Principal will be responsible for the overall management and leadership of the Academy, supported and challenged by the Executive Principal and Chief Executive.
Successful candidates will:
- Have significant experience of working with students with special educational needs, in particular SEMHD and associated learning difficulties.
- Be an outstanding and experienced leader and practitioner.
- Provide effective leadership in raising standards of attainment and achievement.
- Work collegiately to build on the strengths of the Academy and Trust.
- Be able to motivate staff that are fully engaged in the goal of achieving excellence in all areas of the Academy both personally and professionally
The Trust can offer:
- An ambitious and proactive Chief Executive and Board of Directors.
- An experienced and supportive Executive Principal
- A collegiate team of Trust Principals.
- A committed and dedicated team of cross-Trust staff and services including finance, HR, Admin and IT.
- Excellent systems and structures.
- A warm, friendly academy which provides a positive learning environment.
- Extensive and varied professional learning opportunities.
- A modern learning environment for students with SEMH.
- Assistance with relocation expenses
Visits to the academy are welcome and can be arranged by contacting Sharon McHale, Head of HR by email on: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01642 677113
Application forms and a job description / person specification can be obtained from Sharon McHale, Head of HR and completed application forms should be returned by 12 noon on Friday 18th May 2018 to: email@example.com
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 23rd May 2018
Horizons Specialist Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check and appropriate references.