Job No: TCE262 Location: Good Shepherd Catholic College - Mount Isa
Salary Range: $147,888 - $161,795
Incentives: PAR (5 Points) - $1,335, ITAS, IPRASS and Subsidised Accommodation
Tenure: Full-time 4 Year Contract
Commencing Date: 2020
Location: Mount Isa
Closing Date: Friday 13th September 2019
Good Shepherd College (Mount Isa, QLD) is a co-educational Year 7 to 12 college of 500 students. Good Shepherd Catholic College is a community who journey together in faith with “Christ Our Light”. Our students, staff and parents are partners focused on holistic education within a welcoming and caring environment. Fostering faith and spirituality is our primary goal. We believe in the uniqueness and dignity of each individual. We endeavour to encourage each member of our community to be inner-directed, responsible, compassionate and just. Students, staff and parents learn best in situations of loving relationships and mutual respect.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff is recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
A rewarding opportunity
As Principal, you will lead a team of experienced educators who are dedicated to ensuring our students are provided with the very best opportunities to achieve their individual goals in a positive, safe and supportive environment. In addition, the Townsville Diocese, provides support to you through its operational arm, the Townsville Catholic Education Office. This support takes the form of expertise in Learning and Teaching, Catholic Identity, Indigenous Education, School Development and Organisational Services, including, ICT, Finance, Human Resources and Student Protection.
Key leadership qualities and capabilities
- Displays confidence, curiosity, enthusiasm and optimism
- Displays emotional intelligence in working with individuals and groups
- Builds an inclusive, trusting community and cultivates productive working relationships
- Is an effective coach and able to develop your staff using effective feedback
What we offer
An attractive remuneration package including:
- Competitive salary range: $147,888 - $161,795 (depending on experience)
- PAR (5 Points) - $11,335, ITAS, IPRASS and Subsidised Accommodation
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
How to apply
- Please complete the application form below
- Upload a current resume with contact details of two referees (one being your current line manager and the other your Parish Priest)
- Upload a covering letter. In no more than 2 A4 pages, your covering letter must provide clear evidence of your demonstrated ability to lead a school in the following key leadership areas:
- Faith and Mission leadership
- Educational leadership
- Staff and community leadership
Please refer to the Position Description and Catholic School Leadership Framework to support your response.
The successful applicant will be required to commence Term 1 2020.
For a confidential conversation please contact Mary-Ellen Pattinson on 07 4773 0900
For further information regarding the remuneration package please contact TCEO Staffing Services firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Application close: 4pm Friday 13th September 2019