Informal Open Day by appointment: Saturday 17th June 2017
A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen for the right leader to make an important contribution to the next phase of development of Nishkam School West London (NSWL). NSWL will be a flagship school for our Trust offering all-through provision in an expansive 11 acre green site. Opportunities like these are few and far between and will interest those with creative minds and high aspirations, seeking to inspire a new generation of children through a values led, multi-faith curriculum. The journey will be one of leading this new institution to excellence and growing the school, and team, to capacity, which will be immensely rewarding for the right individual.
The new school building and site will open ready for the new intake in September 2018. Nishkam School West London, (Ofsted Outstanding 2016), will also move to the new site in September 2018.
- Leadership and management at all levels are of exceptionally high quality. Leaders constantly check the quality of teaching and learning and provide very good support for any teacher who needs to develop their practice.
- Exemplary leadership and management skills ensure that the school’s values are central to developing pupils’ learning and mind-set.
- The school’s vision to ‘offer excellence… and inspire children to learn’ pervades the school. As a result, pupils are motivated and have high aspirations.
As school principal for Nishkam School West London, you will work in a pioneering group, Nishkam School Trust (NST). NST is one of the first multi-academy free school trusts in the UK. The Trust has opened two free schools in Birmingham (primary in 2011 and a secondary in 2012) both of which are judged Ofsted Outstanding, and a third, a primary free school in Wolverhampton. We are looking for an innovative leader to work in close collaboration with the Chief Executive, Trust Director for learning and teaching, as well as the Head teacher of the Primary phase of NSWL.
NST has developed an inclusive values led multi-faith educational approach that nurtures pupils of all faiths and those of no particular faith. The Nishkam ethos is to help grow a selfless mind-set, aspiring to excellence as well as going beyond ourselves to serve others, to create supportive communities and to realise our true potential. This pervades every aspect of the school.
Ideally the role will commence in January 2018, to prepare for pupils starting in September 2018. You will recruit and build your team to create an outstanding environment for learning to flourish. You will work with the CEO and Trust Director for Learning and Teaching to deliver a creative and enriched curriculum. You will build excellence through our values work and in the academic curriculum, alongside the Head teacher of the primary phase and other senior leaders across the Trust. You will also be part of a global community of charitable initiatives. This is an exceptional opportunity to work within a vibrant atmosphere and a supportive setting.
Your leadership role will evolve as the school grows to full capacity in 2025.
The brand new school is based in 11 acres of green space in an impressive purpose built single facility housing the all-through school.
Our Expectations are that you will:
- believe all pupils can and will achieve highly
- build an environment through a values-led education that encourages compassion, humility, service and recognises all humanity as one
- ensure excellence in learning, teaching and achievement throughout the curriculum within the context of a faith inspired, values-led school
- ensure that standards of teaching and learning at GCSE & A Level are a benchmark for excellence and within the top quintile of all schools
- nurture a culture that cherishes childhood, stimulates the spirit of adventure and ignites a passion for lifelong learning
- recruit, lead, motivate, support, develop and enrich staff to ensure that all pupils, and staff alike, fulfil their true potential
- develop and implement an enriched curriculum for the school that allows children to both further their own interests and explore new horizons
- develop and maintain the support and active involvement of parents in their children’s learning
- contribute to, and maintain the ethos of, the Nishkam culture by drawing on best practice across Nishkam Schools, locally and nationally
- report to the Chief Executive of NST and Trust Lead for Learning and Teaching
- Please download an application pack at www.nishkamschool.org/recruitment or contact the Trust office on 0121 348 7665
- Applications to be sent to email@example.com by 23rd June 2017 Midday
- Interview process over 2 days week commencing 14th-15th July 2017 at Nishkam High School Birmingham.
- Please contact Val Sahotay for further information 0121 348 7665