Closing Date: 5 February 2019
Long Listing: From 6 February 2019
Short Listing: week beginning 11 February 2019
Initial Interview Dates: 26 and 27 February 2019
Final Interview: 4 March 2019
Start Date: September 2019
We are looking to appoint a dynamic, inspirational leader with a proven track record of improving educational provision and outcomes for all. You must have the passion, drive and commitment to continue the outstanding work already achieved to successfully develop and lead Thomas Deacon Academy into the future.
The ideal candidate will:
• Hold and articulate clear values and moral purpose, focused on providing the best possible education for the students you serve.
• Have a clear and positive educational philosophy, demonstrable success as a teacher and school leader, and the capacity to take on the complexities of working at system level.
• Demand ambitious standards for all students, overcoming disadvantage and advancing equality.
• Create an ethos within which all staff are motivated and supported to develop their own skills and subject knowledge, and to support each other.
• Inspire and influence others – within the Trust and beyond – to believe in the fundamental importance of education in young people’s lives and to promote the value of education.
The Academy’s core values of Trust, Discipline and Aspiration define who we are as a community and how we learn together. We believe that every member of our learning community should have the highest expectations and standards, showing trust and discipline in all that we do.
Thomas Deacon Academy is the flagship school for the Thomas Deacon Education Trust (TDET). As a Trust, we work across all key phases of education to provide every child in our community with the best life chances and high aspirations. This an exciting opportunity for an exceptional leader to help shape the continuous improvements required to ensure all our pupils have access to the educational provision they deserve. You will join an ambitious, forward thinking and supportive team of professionals, contributing to regular networking meetings to enhance collaborative working across the Trust.
Thomas Deacon Academy and TDET are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.