Start date: Sept 2020
Number on roll: 776
Salary Range: £ 79748 - £90145 (L28-33)
Sir John Hunt Community Sports College is at the heart of its community. At our College every student is valued and nurtured. We know all of our students as individuals ensuring they are happy at school, feel safe, enjoy learning, are challenged and make the best of their talents. We expect students to respect themselves, each other, the environment and be a credit to our community. Our standards and expectations are high, we always aspire to be better and are seeking someone who shares our ambition.
The Governors are offering an exciting opportunity to lead our well-established community College which has ambitions to go to greater heights. The College is part of a campus which includes a successful primary and special school.
We are looking for an outstanding and influential school leader who:
• Is ambitious, motivated and a creative thinker who promotes excellence in teaching and learning, high expectations and inclusion
• Can inspire and maximise the staff talents to take them on a journey of College development
• Is excited and not afraid of a challenge
• Is an excellent communicator who can work productively with internal and external stakeholders to achieve the best for all our students and the College community
We will offer you:
• A dedicated and loyal staff committed to an improvement in standards
• A close-knit community with positive relationships between students, parents, staff and Governors
• Students who are keen to maximise their potential
• A well-resourced learning and working environment on a modern campus
We would be delighted to show you our College. Please ring Theresa Lane, Clerk to Governors on 01752 581608 to make an appointment. An application form and information is available from our website www.sjhcsc.co.uk
Sir John Hunt Community Sports College is committed to equal opportunities. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates. All candidates should also read our Safeguarding policy before applying.
Closing date: Monday 17 February at 10.00am
Interviews: Monday 9 March and Tuesday 10 March
Please send applications to Graeme Catling either via e-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org or to the following address: Plymouth Learning Partnership, Douglass House, Douglass Rd, Plymouth PL3 6NP