The EtonHouse International Education Group is headquartered in Singapore with 100 schools in over 12 countries. Together, these schools provide high quality education to over 12,000 children globally. Over the last 21 years, EtonHouse has been at the forefront of international education offering innovative pre-schools and K-12 schools across Asia.
In the early years, an inquiry-based “Inquire-Think-Learn” curriculum, inspired by the Reggio Emilia approach is followed. For the Primary, Secondary and High School levels, EtonHouse offers the globally recognized International Baccalaureate (IB) Programme and IGCSE qualifications. There are currently 9 IB schools in the EtonHouse family.
Corporate Website: http://www.etonhouse.com.sg/
As part of its 25th Year Anniversary milestone, EtonHouse Group is looking to expand its operations in the coming years by growing more K-12 schools. We are looking for an outstanding and inspirational Secondary Principal to join our Group in August 2020. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Principal will be responsible to lead the school’s Vision and Mission, its values, policies and practices. The Principal will lead the teaching and school support team in the execution of professional duties and responsibilities to meet the financial, curriculum and operational requirements of the school.
Responsible to the Board of Directors, the Principal will lead the teaching and school support team in the execution of professional duties and responsibilities to meet the financial, curriculum and operational requirements of the school.
Job Role & Responsibilities
Strategic Leadership of the School
- Formulate the overall direction and objectives of the school and ensure that it is aligned with the ethos of the EtonHouse Schools.
- Devise the long term and short term development plan of the school to support the achievement of its overall direction and objectives.
- Present the school development plan to the Board for its approval.
- Execute and monitor the school’s long term and short term development plan.
- Evaluate the school’s development needs and revise the plan as required.
Overall Management of the School
- Establish standard operating procedures to ensure smooth and efficient operations of the school.
- Lead and manage the internal organization and day-to-day management of the school.
- Ensure the school environment is well maintained.
- Maximise the utilisation of school facilities to provide an effective learning environment for students.
- Ensure that there is efficient use of resources to deliver the school curriculum effectively.
- Lead and motivate all teaching and non-teaching staff, to positively work towards the School’s goals and objectives.
- Provide leadership in IBPYP, IGCSE and IBDP curriculum design, development and implementation.
- Ensure that teaching staff effectively implement the curriculum framework and maintain high quality pedagogy.
- Accountable for the quality, balance and relevance of the academic, pastoral and after-school activities in the curriculum received by the students within the framework of the curriculum adopted by the school.
- Ensure that relevant and authentic evaluation and assessment of children’s learning and development is maintained and documented, with appropriate reporting to parents as required.
- Support teachers in monitoring, assessing and documenting children’s learning and development.
- Ensure the confidential storage and maintenance of all students’ records.
- Provide on-going evaluation and requisition of materials and resources that support a high quality learning environment for young children, in collaboration with the teaching staff.
- Work in close collaboration with the Head of Mandarin/Second Language in order to support the effective pedagogy in the second language programs.
- Accountable for the quality of teaching delivered by the teaching staff, monitor and review teaching and learning standards.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of professional development for the staff.
- Assist with teaching within the school, as and when required.
Marketing and Enrolment
- Develop marketing strategies in association with the Director of Brand and Marketing and the Board of Directors.
- Collaborate with the marketing team in executing marketing strategies to maintain optimum student enrolment and to further achieve target student population.
- Achieve a quality school image in the community.
- Assist with public relations – e.g., conduct tours of the school as required (may also be undertaken by the School Community Liaison.)
- Interact with prospective parents, when possible, to explain the curriculum and the ethos of the school.
- Accountable for the budget and financial management of the school.
- Work closely with the Finance team on the development of a school financial budget.
- Oversee the expenditure for the school and ensure adherence to the budget.
- Collaborate with the Finance Team to ensure that accurate regularly management account is submitted to the board of directors on a monthly basis.
- Establish and maintain positive, effective and regular communications and professional relationships with the parent community.
- Facilitate professional communication between staff and parents.
- Maintain a system of staff performance appraisal, goal setting, mentoring and counseling.
- Lead and motivate the teaching and non-teaching team to ensure a harmonious and positive working environment.
- Plan the projection of staffing requirements. Collaborate with the HR team to ensure that the school is adequately staffed.
- Lead the selection and recruitment of teaching staff and non-teaching staff.
- Monitor, review and improve teaching and learning standards.
- Monitor the performance of teaching and non-teaching staff. Give regular feedback and coaching to improve their performance.
- Actively participate in the Performance Appraisal process coordinated and lead by the Human Resource (HR) team.
- Close supervision of new staff’s performance and advise HR on the confirmation of employment following the probation period for all employees.
- Manage staff scheduling which includes relief covers during staff’s absences.
- Actively participate in the interview of prospective students and parents.
- Ensure that student records are well-maintained with all required documents prior to admission.
- Responsible for the allocation of students to classes with consideration to be given to age, friendship groupings, previous class placement, learning and development considerations, and any other relevant factors.
- Responsible for ensuring that the required child-staff ratios in all classes are met.
Communication with Head Office
- Provide regular updates on school’s performance to the Director of Singapore Operations.
- Perform any other duties as required by the Board of Directors and the Director of Singapore Operations.