St Blasius is a welcoming one form entry primary academy, nestled in the coastal town of Shanklin and sponsored by the Portsmouth and Winchester Diocesan Academies Trust. The academy has been on a rapid journey of improvement from the inadequate judgement of its predecessor school to being judged to be ‘Good’ in all areas in 2017.
The Trust, in partnership with the Local Governing Body, are seeking to appoint a creative and forward thinking leader with the vision, commitment and enthusiasm to enrich the journey of our academy towards excellence in every respect.
Owing to the relocation of the existing Principal, a unique opportunity has arisen to appoint an exceptional primary practitioner to work in partnership with all stakeholders. The successful applicant will facilitate the continuous journey of the academy into a high achieving future, where learning has no limits.
This is an unrivalled opportunity to lead a highly talented and motivated team of staff, local governors and parents, who are firmly committed to the further enhancement of the academy and the happiness, safety and care of every child.
We warmly invite applications from current or aspiring Principals who will:
• Be approachable and provide visible, considered and precise leadership, which will nurture and inspire all
• Demonstrate the ability to build and maintain relationships that will effectively engage and motivate all stakeholders both within the academy and the wider community
• Strengthen the distinctly Christian ethos and values, rooting this into every aspect of academy life
• Ensure that the individual needs of every child are met, so that they are able to realise their God given potential
• Be reflective and open to both support and challenge in the continual pursuit of excellence
For an exceptional candidate wishing to relocate to the island, the costs of moving may be negotiated.
If you would like to arrange a visit to the academy or to discuss this unique opportunity with the Portsmouth and Winchester Diocesan Academies Trust further, please contact the CEO: Amanda Johnston firstname.lastname@example.org 02392 899682 to arrange a mutually convenient time.
If you possess the vision, drive and ambition to continue to lead us on our exciting journey, then please request an application pack from email@example.com or 02392 899682. We look forward to hearing from you.
Portsmouth and Winchester Diocesan Academies Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks, along with other relevant employment checks, including a Section 128 Check.