Huish Episcopi Academy is a large 11 to 19 school (1521 on roll including 216 students in Huish Sixth) located in the beautiful area of rural Somerset. In addition to achieving great success for a wide range of students, the Academy also manages a Community Leisure Centre.
Following the promotion of the present Principal, we seek to appoint a new Principal who will further enhance the many achievements of the Academy. This post provides an exciting opportunity for a candidate with vision, imagination, enterprise, commitment and above all concern for the educational and pastoral care of our students.
Candidates will be required to demonstrate that they have:
· a proven track record of managing educational excellence and providing a strong educational philosophy and vision
· a passionate commitment to academic and vocational education and the pastoral needs of all students
· the ability to build upon the outstanding record and reputation of the Academy
· the ambition to work collaboratively with students, governors, other local primary and secondary schools and the wider community to promote the culture of excellence
· the experience to continue the development of Huish Sixth
The post is due to commence on 1 January 2018. The salary scale is Leadership Scale points 33 to 39 (£85,578 to £99,081). Assistance, as appropriate, will be provided for relocation expenses.
The proposed dates relating to this appointment are:
Closing date for applications is noon Monday 26 June 2017. Interviews of shortlisted candidates will be held over the three days of 10, 11 and 12 July 2017.
Applications should be addressed to Mrs Sue Wright, Chair of the Academy Board via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Potential candidates wishing to discuss the post are welcome to contact the current Principal, Andrew Davis, and visit the Academy prior to submitting an application.