Where possible interviews will be held on site within our schools and we will adhere to our current COVID-19 policy for external visitors. Otherwise interviews will be held remotely by teams.
Meadhurst Primary School is seeking to appoint an inspirational and highly motivated Principal, who has the commitment to bring out the best in all our children. We are looking to appoint a collaborative and innovative school leader, with a clear compelling vision to enable each of our children to achieve levels commensurate with their abilities, as well as inspiring both the school and community.
The new Principal will have resilience and drive and a proven track record of delivering strong educational outcomes. Working together with the Executive Head, this is an exciting opportunity for an aspiring and experienced Deputy Head Teacher, as well as an existing Head Teacher. The successful candidate will receive first-rate leadership development, together with a sustained commitment from The Howard Partnership Trust (THPT) to professional career development, as well as regular coaching and mentoring.
Meadhurst Primary is one of the family of schools within The Howard Partnership Trust, offering inspirational education to children from 3 to 11 years. There are two or three classes in each year group with a Low Coin Centre. From September, a new High Coin Centre will be opened to reach capacity over the next three years. Meadhurst provides a nurturing environment where each child is valued; where positive attitudes and a lifelong love for learning are promoted to help children grow into independent, respectful and resilient adults who strive to achieve personal aspirations. Leaders at all levels inspire others and use their expertise to encourage everyone to be the best that they can be. The sense of community is extremely strong and rooted in our school values. Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do, something that we are passionate about; and we have a good reputation within the community and across the Trust. We are a large and well-resourced site, with a committed staff, excellent CPD and coaching opportunities, extensive outdoor areas and a supportive Interim Academy Board (IAB)
Meadhurst was brokered to The Howard Partnership Trust in December 2017 following an ‘inadequate’ Ofsted Inspection (Spelthorne School). The school now has many strengths including safeguarding. We are now looking for a Principal to build upon these strengths and to take the school forward to the next stage in its journey.
We are looking for:
- A strong and visible leader with vision, drive and energy.
- Proven track record of school improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders including pupils, parents, our neighbours and the wider school community.
- An innovative, collaborative leader, with commitment to our values and the ability to inspire others and lead by example.
- A commitment to inclusion and to all pupils receiving an outstanding educational experience.
- Thorough understanding of current educational developments.
We can offer:
- Outstanding professional development.
- Colleagues at all levels who are committed to excellence and bringing out the best in all our pupils.
- Collaboration with successful, supportive and highly strategic senior leadership teams across The Howard Partnership Trust.
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic developing organisation.
- Enthusiastic and eager pupils, a welcoming environment and a school with enormous potential to rise to the continual challenges facing education providers.
- An Academy Trust and IAB that provides strong support, effective challenge and strategic direction.
THPT value their staff very highly, as reflected in the excellent retention rates across the Trust. THPT also operate an extensive Rewards and Benefits Scheme that includes Loyalty & Service Awards, consideration of relocation packages, travel allowances and grants, access to discount schemes and membership of the Teacher Pension Scheme.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by calling the THPT Recruitment Team on 01372 571700.
Tours to the school are warmly welcomed, if you would like to request a tour of the school, or meet with us informally before applying, then please email the Recruitment Team on email@example.com
For more information on Meadhurst Primary School and working within The Howard Partnership Trusts and what we can offer please visit our website.
Closing date: Midday, Thursday 20 May 2021.
Day one of the selection process will take place on Tuesday 25 May 2021, day two on Wednesday 26 May 2021.
Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The Howard Partnership Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Our Vision is to excel at ‘bringing out the best’ in young people of all abilities and aptitudes, and so increase their life chances for their future success and fulfilment.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Meadhurst Primary School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years