We are seeking to appoint an inspirational, dynamic and entrepreneurial Principal whose leadership will transform Health Futures UTC to a beacon of excellence for staff, students and the wider community. Our ambition is to provide first-class educational experiences for our students to enable them to thrive in all aspects of their lives. Having opened in our brand new multi-million pound building in September 2015 with record student numbers, Health Futures UTC is pleased to offer an outstanding individual the opportunity to join us as we go into our third year and take in our next cohort of students.
The successful candidate will prove to be an exceptional Principal with the following qualities:
• Creativity and innovation with a proven track record of successful leadership
• A strategic, innovative, pro-active thinker with a clear vision for the future
• A passion for learning and for transforming the lives of children through education
• A commitment to working collaboratively to motivate to the highest academic achievements
• A commitment to nurturing the whole child and providing a rounded education experience encompassing different personal and learning needs
• A personable leader with the strength to support staff and students through transition and change
• Dedicated to enhancing the reputation and presence of the school across the borough
• A clear vision for engagement and collaboration with Governors, Parents and the wider school community to make lasting improvements to the school
• Ability to find opportunities with financial constraints to offer a broad curriculum and extra-curricular activities
• Experience of working in a school with high numbers of PPE students
This is a unique opportunity for the successful candidate to play a vital and significant role in carrying the UTC forward using drive and determination to succeed. You will lead the UTC to achieve the success it deserves.
Health Futures UTC and 20 high-profile organisations have come together to forge a partnership to provide a unique learning experience for our students. Representatives from the NHS, higher and further education, charitable care providers, local government, and private industry guarantee participation in real-life projects that underpin academic learning.
We can offer a personally tailored package of professional opportunities, resources and development through our sponsors the University of Wolverhampton and the opportunity to contribute to and be supported by the growing Baker Dearing Trust Family of UTC’s across the country.
In return we can offer you:
• A caring, nurturing, forward-thinking school at the heart of the community
• Opportunities to lead, innovative and secure success
• Students who are eager to learn and strive to reach their full potential
• A talented, dedicated, passionate and professional staff team
• A supportive and committed partnership with parents, governors and the community
• Effective Trust support within the BDT Family of UTC’s and the University of Wolverhampton
• High quality professional development opportunities within the Trust and University
• Career progression opportunities within the BDT family
Visits are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact Annette Guest on 0121 794 2888, who will arrange this for you. Application packs and further details are available on our website at www.healthfuturesutc.co.uk/workwithus
Closing date: Friday 23rd March 2018
Interview date: 17th & 18th April 2018
HFUTC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to satisfactory references which will be requested prior to the interview, and enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, medical check, evidence of qualifications, plus verification of the right to work in the UK.