Southway Primary School is seeking an energetic, creative Principal from January 2019
Looking for an exciting opportunity?
Southway Primary School is situated in Bognor Regis, a south coast resort with easy access to London, Gatwick, Brighton and Portsmouth. We are looking for an exceptional professional to lead our forward-looking, creative, learning community from January 2019 onwards.
Our school opened eight years ago in modern, airy, purpose-built accommodation. Although a large school, each child is known well and is given their part to play in making school an enjoyable place to learn. As Principal, you will have the opportunity to build on this strong foundation to create a happy, innovative, socially, academically and culturally outstanding school.
Southway is on a campus that includes The Regis School (secondary); Arena Sports Centre; Stepping Stones Nursery; The Phoenix Youth Centre and the West Sussex Adult Education Service (Aspire). Good collaborative working between these groups already exists to serve local people and is developing fast. Southway’s Principal would have the opportunity to contribute to that cooperative growth.
In particular, United Learning, governors, staff and pupils are seeking a person who has:
- A clear vision of what makes a successful school and how to achieve continuous improvement
- A track record of raising standards of attainment for all children, regardless of background, through improving the quality of teaching
- The drive and ambition to lead a highly motivated team of professionals and help them to develop still further
- Knowledge of the different expectations that parents have of a school and how to engage them in supporting their own children’s education as well as the provision made for all pupils
- A determination that school should be enjoyable, engaging, exciting and provide children with happy memories of their school days, as well as a deep rooted sense of pride and achievement
Potential applicants are strongly encouraged to visit the school by contacting Caroline Smith on 01243 810202, who will arrange for you to meet with Diane Willson, the Chair of the Local Governing Body.
Please apply online by clicking on the following:
For more information about United Learning click here http://www.unitedlearningcareers.org.uk/leadership
Closing Date: 22 June 2018, Midnight
Interviews will be over two days, 12 and 13 July 2018
Where teaching is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.