About the Opportunity
We are looking for an exceptional, resilient and supportive leader to become the Principal of The Ridgeway School. You will be committed to the highest standards of teaching and learning to ensure that every young person here, achieves their potential.
This is an opportunity for an ambitious leader looking to extend their experience of leading a school in a fast paced but highly rewarding environment.
This role provides the chance to lead colleagues who are committed and strive daily to improve student outcomes working in partnership with the school community and The White Horse Federation.
We are looking for someone who will
- Provide professional leadership and management that reflects the vision and values of the school
- Have extensive experience of KS3, 4 and 5
- Have the skills to inspire and promote the highest quality of teaching and learning
- Model best practice, with the knowledge, skills and expertise to develop and build on effective systems.
- Be a passionate leader with a proven track record, who will lead the school in partnership with the community and the Trust
- Have a real belief in inclusion and supporting all children to be successful
- Work collaboratively with The White Horse Federation
We can offer you
- Happy and enthusiastic students who enjoy learning
- A committed, hardworking and supportive team both in the school and as part of the wider WHF community
- A school that is at the heart of the community
- Professional development through the Trust and the local Teaching School
- Support for your wellbeing to ensure your success as a leader
- Central Services for finance, HR, Estates and IT to enable school leaders to focus on teaching and learning
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged - please come and meet some of the staff and our children and see for yourself! Please contact Zoe Vallender on 01793 846137 to make an appointment.
More information about the school can be found on our website https://www.ridgewayschool.com/ or to read more about the school and this exciting opportunity, please download the Principal Recruitment Brochure attached.
To apply - please click apply via TES and be taken to our main feature advert on our website, where you can then apply via our recruitment portal. We look forward to receiving your application.
Why Work With Us
The White Horse Federation (TWHF) is a not-for-profit multi-academy trust that supports and sponsors many primary, secondary and special schools across Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Swindon, Oxfordshire, and Berkshire.
Its shared vision for excellence through partnership means it is also committed to keeping the best of what makes a local school great – in other words, the type of schools where TWHF colleagues would be proud to send their own children.
TWHF combines a relentless drive for academic excellence with a shared moral purpose and shared values while ensuring that fun and happiness are key attributes of each of its schools. TWHF believes that partnership-working with its schools, pupils, and their parents, as well as the wider community, helps creates the best possible outcomes for all children.
TWHF empowers its colleagues through support, training, and career opportunities to recruit and retain outstanding staff who are leaders in their field. That way TWHF can ensure that every student achieves their full potential, regardless of background, culture, heritage, or ability.
TWHF recognises the benefit of having a diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that reflects diversity from the communities it serves. TWHF values the contributions of all staff from a wide range of different backgrounds and actively seeks to promote an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment; which at the same time supports fair promotion and cultural acceptance. Under the provision of the Equality Act 2010, TWHF welcomes applications from everyone and operates a recruitment process that is fair and does not discriminate against or disadvantage anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The White Horse Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful for this position you will be expected to apply for a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before an appointment is confirmed. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before the interview.
The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College has 1560 students, 200 of whom are in the Sixth Form. The Ridgeway School & Sixth Form College is a coeducational secondary school and sixth form with academy status, located in Wroughton.