Vision for Education is seeking to appoint a Prison tutor to join our successful supply bank working at HMP Peterborough, working on a temporary day to day basis.
The successful candidates will ideally have some experience of working in a Prison setting, however, full training and induction can be provided.
• Educated to degree level.
• Have a genuine passion for teaching in a prison setting.
• Strong classroom management.
• Be able to Contribute to the preparation of residents who wish to further their education post-release.
• Prepare residents for assessments where appropriate and encourage demonstrable learning outcomes.
• Motivate and drive Residents to achieve their qualifications within agreed timescales, through direct support and assistance.
• Ability to adjust teaching style to suit different learning styles.
• Encourage, support and sustain residents seeking to broaden their life and practical skills.
Vision for Education is committed to Safeguarding Adults, children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS Check that must be registered to the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As Your Earn (PAYE) system.
• Pension contributions (subject to qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated primary consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our team on 01733 371371.