Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are seeking to appoint a Tutor to join our successful supply teaching team and as a Prison Tutor in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire. This will be a supply position, covering on a day to day basis from September 2018.
As a Prison Tutor, you will be expected to effectively teach innovative and stimulating lessons for residents which aim to encourage participation within the class. Successful candidates will be expected to cover a variety of lessons; including Maths, English, Art and ICT. You will need to adhere to all relevant policies and procedures, as well as be able to identify particular needs of individual residents in the class and differentiate teaching to meet these needs. It is important that you have a genuine passion for education and teaching, and are able to establish a rapport with the residents you’re supporting.
To be considered for the position as a Prison Tutor, you must:
· Ideally have a nationally recognised teaching qualification such as; Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS).
· Experience of teaching small and large classes of students.
· Be resilient and able to hit the ground running.
· Be flexible and adaptable.
· Able to confidently teach and deliver stimulating and engaging lessons.
· Be able to effectively manage challenging behaviour.
· Have a strong passion for teaching, with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons
· Have a genuine desire to become part of committed team of Education practitioners
Applications from Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) are welcome and encouraged to apply for this Prison Tutor position, as well as those from Unqualified Teachers/Tutors with at least 1 years’ experience teaching.
At Vision for Education, we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as a Prison Tutor, you will receive:
· Excellent daily rates of pay, paid weekly through PAYE
· Support through your placements
· Unparalleled daily rates
· Access to a dedicated SEND Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
· Access to free specialist Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling Qualifications, and 20+ eLearning Courses through EduCare
· £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
· Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are a Prison Tutor who can enthuse, motivate and engage individuals, and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you today.
For more information on this Prison Tutor position and other teaching opportunities Vision for Education have to offer in Peterborough and across Cambridgeshire, please contact the Peterborough office on 01733 371371 or Lauren.Bates@visionforeducation.co.uk