We are seeking an experienced and dedicated teacher to lead the coordination of Vocational Education & Training Department. This is a full-time continuing teaching appointment, with an initial three-year appointment as Middle Leader. Two subsequent three-year appointments as Middle Leader will be offered following a successful performance review.
• Working in collaboration with Middle Leaders to embrace a holistic understanding of Middle Leadership
• Leading and promoting the VET, Vocational Education and Careers programs
• Consulting with Curriculum leaders when planning VET programs for different subject areas
• Arranging and overseeing external audits in consultation with Curriculum Leaders and teachers of VET certificates
• Facilitating the enrolment of students in external VET courses
• Facilitating the ‘sign ups’ of school-based apprenticeships and traineeships
• Managing the Work Experience programs for Year 10-12 students in conjunction with support staff
• Ensuring that the College is fulfilling compliance expectations as an RTO and as an administrator of VET certificates
• Directing internal audits and reviews with Curriculum Leaders and teachers delivering the certificate
• Liaising with Curriculum Leaders and teachers engaged in the program
• Inducting new teachers to the VET and Vocational Education programs
• Pastoral care of staff engaged in the designated area(s) of responsibility
St Thomas More College is a Brisbane Catholic Education co-educational secondary college catering for over 1100 students. Our College opened in 1974 and from inception developed a strong commitment to the pastoral care of students. At the core of all that we do is our mission to provide a holistic education to all students. This mission, inspired by Jesus, is to seek, grow and serve by fostering in all students: a commitment to our Christian faith; a commitment to learning; and a sense of community. Come and share the vision for all our graduates. A vision that is explicit about beliefs, values and capacity for informed choice in an ever changing world. A vision of young people with soul, personal integrity and the skills to achieve success in life.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing February 2020
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Continuing
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"):
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Sharne Davies
Contact Telephone Number: 07 3323 4600
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window
Role Description - Teacher Opens in new window
Role Description - Program Leader VET Opens in new window