Varndean College is one of the most successful sixth form colleges nationally. Offering a broad range of academic and vocational courses, we have an excellent reputation for inclusion and adding value.
We are looking for an inspirational part time teacher with a design background to teach 3D Design (including architecture). As this is a Programme Leader role, a design specialist with previous relevant management training, skills and/or experience is welcome to apply.
To be successful, you will have teaching experience or teaching practice in the subject in the 14-19 sector or post 16, and a recognised teaching qualification.
In addition, you will have:
- An ability to adopt a variety of strategies to suit students’ different learning styles.
- Detailed knowledge of the curriculum and proven ability to plan and prepare courses and lessons.
- Experience of Design-based equipment / machine safety training and use of digital software applications.
- Sound 3D design workshop experience/knowledge of tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of laser cutting and Corel draw is essential.
Hours: Part time, up to 24 periods of 45 minutes per week
Find out more by visiting varndean.ac.uk/vacancies
Closing date: Noon on 26 May 2021
Interview date: 28 May 2021
This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service. CVs are not accepted. We encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Brighton and Hove
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16 - 19 years
Varndean College is an increasingly successful and popular sixth form college based in Brighton with approximately 1800 students aged 16 to 19 years. In the evenings it opens its doors to the community to offer a wide range of adult education courses...