Harris Academy South Norwood amalgamated with Harris Academy Upper Norwood in September 2014 to create one academy operating across two sites. The leadership group and teaching staff work across both sites. We have one Governing Body. In the next two years, as the academy continues to grow, we will have over 2,500 students including 500 in the 6th form.
We are looking to appoint an energetic and enthusiastic Progress and Welfare leader to join our strong and committed academy team.
The core purpose of this role is to work with senior leaders in the hub to ensure that students have the highest standards of behaviour for learning, ensuring that their welfare and wellbeing continues to be at the heart of everything we do. The role will involve a wide range of student centred activity including close contact with parents, carers and external agencies.
What we are looking for:
- Someone with energy and enthusiasm, who can encourage and inspire young people to believe
- An effective team worker who is equally able to work under their own initiative
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Someone who is sensitive in complex situations
Please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link for a full job description and person specification.
Why work at Harris Academy South Norwood?
Harris Academy South Norwood is an Outstanding academy with excellent facilities for teaching and learning, operating across two sites and one Governing Body. We have the highest standards of behaviour and expectations and have been recognised by the DFE as being one of the best schools in England for our type of intake, and one of the most effective schools in the country. Our programmes for professionally developing staff are first class.
- A dynamic curriculum, delivered through an ethos of business and enterprise and the very best in technology and resources across our two sites
- A warm, ambitious family of staff and governors with a passion for learning
- Excellent personal and professional development opportunities through the Harris Federation network
- Generous Harris benefits and rewards package - see our benefits page for further information
For more information about this position or to arrange a visit to the academy, please email Elouise Gillette at GilletteE@harrissouthnorwood.org.uk or telephone 0208 653 1661 ext 205.
Interviews will be conducted as and when suitable applications are received, so you are encouraged to submit your application as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.