New Post: Progress Leader/Non-Teaching Head of Year
Post: Progress Leader (JE Code E204)
Grade: 8 (37 hours, 52/52)
Start Date: Full time, permanent, from 1 January 2019
Responsible to: SLT Line Manager
We would like to appoint a progress leader who is conscientious, determined and committed to ensuring the highest possible outcomes for all students.
In this role, the postholder will be responsible for the day to day leadership of a specific year group and will be an expert on the pupils in that cohort. You will be the first point of contact on attendance, behaviour, and above all achievement. You will then liaise with the appropriate colleagues in the school to ensure that all students are adequately supported and challenged. The successful candidate will be able to:
- Communicate effectively, and build trust, with all learners and be able to speak to large groups of students, for example whole classes and year group assemblies
- Communicate effectively with parents and external agencies
- Analyse school data (achievement / behaviour / attendance) in detail in order to identify key priorities
- Liaise with other colleagues to share information and data and ensure that appropriate action planning is put in place
- Manage a large and varied workload and maintain positivity when faced with challenges
Above all else you will be expected to build a culture of Pride, Respect & Achievement and ensure that all students strive towards being the best they can be.
All post information can be downloaded either from this advert or from
To apply for this post please complete an application form and submit an accompanying letter (no more than two sides of A4). Your letter should outline how your skills, experience and core values make you a suitable candidate for the post. Completed applications should be returned to Mrs L Heide, PA to Headteacher, Burnside Business and Enterprise College, St. Peter’s Road, Wallsend, NE28 7LQ or electronically to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 9am on Friday 19th October 2018
Interviews: week commencing 22nd October 2018
Additional information about the role:
- The postholder will be assigned to a year group based on expertise, experience and school need. The year group may not stay fixed and the deployment of Progress Leaders will be reviewed annually.
- It is anticipated that the successful candidate(s) will structure their working patterns so as to be highly visible to students when not in lessons e.g. student break and lunchtime.
- It is anticipated that the successful candidate(s) will be flexible in terms of working patterns (parents evening/results days/parental events etc.), this is reflected by the 52/52 contract