We are looking for an aspirational teacher who will be able to engage and inspire the students in two year groups and take on the following key responsibilities:
• To be accountable for student attainment and progress in the year groups, ensuring every student achieves and exceeds their potential.
• To be accountable for promoting and safeguarding students’ welfare and personal development as part of a whole school approach.
• To take a full role within the school community as a middle leader.
• To lead on raising standards of student attainment and achievement within specified year groups for all ability profiles.
• To promote a positive attitude to learning and celebrate student success, ensuring high achievement, regular attendance, excellent behaviour, good punctuality and good personal organisation.
• To work collaboratively with the Welfare Team.
Excalibur Academies Trust is growing, creating opportunities for ambitious, innovative and outward looking professionals with a desire to progress and develop. You will be required to teach all abilities across KS3 and KS4 to GCSE level, preferably able to offer Maths or Geography.
This is an exciting time to join John O’Gaunt, recently judged 'Good' by Ofsted. John O’Gaunt School is unique and special. We say that we are a place with ‘big school ambition, small school care’. This means that we offer all the benefits of larger schools and have the same ambition for ourselves and our students, whilst offering the care and support that only a smaller community school like ours can. Our teaching philosophy is secured on a bedrock of teamwork - evident across the whole school.
Success in this role will give you access and opportunities to work at St John's Marlborough and other schools in the Trust, broadening your vision, skills and experience including A’ level teaching. Our established programme of collaborative working can mean you gain experience across different key stages with access to like-minded professionals to support and inspire you.
We reserve the right to appoint before the deadline if appropriate.
Contract type: Permanent / Full Time
Start date: January 2022
Excalibur Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
The closing date for all applications is 9am on Friday 17th September 2021.
John O'Gaunt School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years