Specialism in English or Science
Main Scale + TLR 2C
Required from September 2019
We are seeking to appoint a Progress Leader to lead a KS3 year group from September 2019. This post will attract a TLR2 C (£6,646 per annum). Preferred subject areas are English and Science, although other subject areas may be considered.
The successful candidate will join the highly effective Pastoral team, and will be/have:
- an experienced and successful tutor, having led tutor groups with impact for at least three years
- an excellent record of high quality teaching with evidence of impact on outcomes for pupils
- an effective and positive communicator with pupils, parents and other professionals
- able to create a positive and enthusiastic ethos within the year group
- able to lead, manage and motivate a team of tutors
- a good team member who is also able to act on his/her own initiative
- committed to developing the role of Progress Leader and the Pastoral Leadership Team
- able to monitor the academic progress of the year group and initiate successful intervention strategies as and when required
- committed to securing high quality tutoring to improve standards of learning, personal development (through our habits of mind) and achievement
The Romsey School is a high attaining and oversubscribed school, committed to high quality inclusive education.
Please see the school website www.romsey.hants.sch.uk for an application form. Applications should be on Romsey School forms individual CV’s will not be accepted. The Romsey School is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to safeguarding children.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application as soon as possible.
Closing date: Noon Wednesday 19th June 2019