Specialist Science and Mathematics Academy
Tamworth Road, Kingsbury, Tamworth B78 2LF
Tel: 01827 872316
Headteacher: Mr M Clarke
11-16 Years. NoR: 692
Progress Leader/Year Team Leader TLR2.2
An enthusiastic and highly motivated Progress Leader/Year Team Leader is required from October 2017 (or at earliest opportunity) to join one of the highest performing schools in Tamworth and North Warwickshire.
We pride ourselves on:
- Our success and drive in helping all pupils achieve their full potential - A*-C results for 2016 were 69% Whole School.
- A positive Progress 8 of +0.09
- Our success and drive in helping all students achieve their potential
- Being part of the Castle Phoenix Academy Trust
- Excellent pastoral provision and enhanced structures
We are looking for:
- A well-qualified, enthusiastic and dynamic teacher of French, Mathematics or English
- A Year Team Leader who is able to inspire and motivate students to achieve their very best
- An aspirational and innovative addition to our strong pastoral team
- A commited professional who can bring ideas to further enhance our pastoral provision, including alternative provision developments
- A colleague who is positive and willing to contribute to the whole life of the school.
The successful candidate would be reponsible for leading a group of approximately 150 students and 6 tutors.
We are a high performing and popular school with specialist status, located close to the M42 and M6, in easy reach of Birmingham, Staffordshire, South Derbyshire, Warwickshire and Leicestershire.
Scholarships For September 2017, we are introducing Scholarships for aspiring lead learning practitioners. Up to £2000 scholarship bursary will be available over two years. The Scholarship is to enable the preparation of inspirational resources, lead on aspects of intervention, sharing of good practice and development of a ‘leadership of learning’ challenge. There will also be a £1000 ‘golden ticket’ for training and development with the Castle Phoenix Teaching School Alliance and Leadership Academy
We are committed to effective learning, teaching, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff & volunteers to share this commitment.
Application forms available direct from the school or from the school website www.kingsburyschool.co.uk
Closing date: Wednesday 21st June 2017
Interview date: Week commencing Monday 26th June 2017