We seek a committed and enthusiastic person to join our Personalised Learning team.
Purpose of the Job:
To support students to access the curriculum in line with the code of practice, school policies and procedures.
To contribute to the teaching and learning programme in accordance with the ethos, aims and objectives of The Billericay School.
To support the school to raise pupil aspirations, challenge student learning and engage pupils in their own learning.
The teacher and the progress mentor work as a team - being ‘partners’ in supporting the pupils’ access to learning across the science curriculum and their independence as learners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide particular and skilled support to all students in a given learning area or mainstream classroom, working in partnership with class teachers.
• Work with named individuals or small groups of children under the direction of teaching staff to facilitate access to the curriculum, develop student confidence and promote independent learning skills.
• Deliver programmes (under the guidance of the KS3 Coordinator) to individuals or groups students.
• Support the use of ICT in the classroom and develop students’ competence and independence in its use.
• Promote the inclusion and acceptance of children with special educational needs within the classroom, ensuring access to lessons and their content through appropriate clarification, explanation and resources.
• Aid removal of barriers to learning, whether they be social, emotional, medical or physically related.
• Take an active role in the preparation and maintenance of differentiated materials and resources in the learning areas supported.
• Understand specific learning needs and styles, and support learning through the selection of appropriate resources/methods – differentiated as required – to facilitate agreed learning activities.
• Implement planned learning activities/teaching programmes as agreed with the teacher, adjusting activities according to students’ responses as appropriate.
• Establish positive relationships with students supported.
• Provide feedback to students in relation to attainment and progress under the guidance of the teacher.
• Liaise with staff and provide background information about students as appropriate.
• Liaise with the Head of Personalised Learning on matters concerning named students.
• Promote positive student behaviour in line with school policies and help keep students on task.
• Participate in the planning and evaluation of learning activities with the teacher, providing them with feedback on student progress and behaviour – particularly in relation to achievement of targets, student profiles, writing reports and records as required.
• Monitor and record student responses and learning achievements, drawing any problems that cannot be resolved easily, to the attention of the teacher.
• To implement assessments as appropriate.
• To understand and apply school policies in relation to health, safety and welfare.
• Attend relevant training and take responsibility for own development.
• Attend relevant school meetings as required.
• To respect confidentiality at all times.
The Billericay School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
“Caring about success”
Giving individuals the opportunity to reach their potential in a caring and supportive community
The Billericay School is made up of a Lower School, Upper School and Sixth Form College operating a House System with Heads of...