Progress Tutor (2 posts)
Full Time and Permanent
Start date January 2018
As one of the highest performing colleges in the North West of England, Bolton Sixth Form College is innovative and forward thinking and has a key focus on teaching, learning and assessment. Placing the student at the centre of all its provision, all learners are actively encouraged to achieve their full potential both academically and personally.
If this is the sort of environment you thrive in and you have the skills and motivation to guide and support students to both fulfil and possibly exceed their personal goals’ then we would like to hear from you for the post of Progress Tutor.
This is a diverse support role which includes the delivery of a specific support and pastoral programme to students across all year groups and levels, but also requires regular 1:1 progress monitoring and mentor / learning support meetings as part of the College’s achievement and retention raising strategies. Provision of additional support may also be required such as literacy, numeracy, exam / study skills and time management to assist students in their main programme of study and targeted interventions with identified students may be appropriate to further support outcomes and success rates.
We are looking for an individual who:
· Has knowledge of issues which affect the learning of 16 – 19 year olds
· Has a thorough understanding and knowledge of the learning processes
· Has proven experience of supporting young people with a range of pastoral and educational difficulties
· Has the ability and desire to motivate and encourage young people to achieve their full potential
We can offer you:
· A modern friendly working environment with excellent facilities
· A competitive salary ranging from £21,401 - £25,990
· Membership of an Occupational Pension Scheme
· Structured CPD with opportunities for regular inset workshops and cross college sharing of resources and techniques
If you require any further information regarding this post, please contact: The Personnel Department, Bolton Sixth Form College, Deane Road, Bolton BL3 5BU.
The closing date for applications: Sunday 1st October @ midnight
Interviews to be held: week commencing Monday 9th October 2017
All appointments at the College are subject to the receipt of satisfactory clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service