Project based learning - just what is it?
Do you teach history or science? Then read on, this could be for you!
Project based learning is an exciting cross curricular approach. In KS3 our children experience geography, history, art and DT through the projects and link science when it is appropriate.
Due to a maternity leave we are looking for a project based teacher to teach their own subject in a project based curriculum initially in KS3. We are looking for someone who wants to be a part of our new Grove Academy family, who can share our vision and will enjoy working with us.
Grove Academy is an all through school which opened in 2017 with classes in Reception, Years 1, 2, 3 and 7 and will grow each year to a full capacity of 1,940 including a 6th form. We are looking for an innovative teacher to join us in our second year to not only instil a real passion for their subject but to deliver it (and possibly other subjects) via an exciting cross curricular project approach.
Our project based curriculum is developing via ‘big questions’ and enables all pupils to place their learning within a real life context. We are working closely with local businesses and organisations to ensure that our pupils leave Grove with the skills and character that employers seek. You could help us develop that curriculum, creating exciting experiences and magical memories for our pupils.
The post could suit either an experienced teacher looking for a challenge or an NQT with drive. A successful candidate will be in a prime position to help us shape the curriculum across the whole school in the future.
What can we offer you?
- A place where you will feel valued for your hard work
- Good in house CPD offer
- Caring, well behaved and motivated students
- We want to learn from others and research, so providing networking opportunities for staff at all levels is important to us.
- Unique professional development pathways available to suitable candidates because our philosophy is to ‘grow our own’ where possible
We are looking for a science teacher who:
- Is passionate about their subject and ambitious for their students
- Is flexible and prepared to deliver other subjects as well as their specialism through the project approach
- Evidence of raising achievement and delivering excellence
- Excited to work within a team of both primary and secondary staff who want to create a unique offer for our families
- A desire to provide students with experiences and opportunities they will never forget
As the clsoing date is so close we strongly recommend that you ring to discuss the post further, please contact Ms Andrea Fricker, Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org If you email with your telephone number Andrea will try to ring you back over the weekend. Your next job is an important step and we want to ensure we are the right place for you. We are currently in temporary accommodation in the centre of Slough whilst a new school is built in the west of the town.
For more information go to www.groveacademy.co.uk
Closing date: 25th February 2019
Interviews: ASAP so get your application in quickly
Grove Academy is the second school in the SASH Education Trust, which was set up by the Slough Association of Secondary Headteachers (SASH) as a vehicle for providing different choices for Slough families. As a result Grove has a unique, expert backing of professional colleagues and the support of our fellow trust school.
CVs are not accepted so please complete the online application.
We hope to hear from you because this is going to be fun!
Grove Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will require an enhanced DBS check.
Grove Academy is part of the SASH Education Trust, which is a charitable company limited by guarantee. Company No 07956692. Registered in England and Wales. Registered Offices: Ditton Park Academy, Kings Reach, Slough, SL3 7UX