Centrestage is a Scottish Charity based in Kilmarnock, Ayrshire. The charity seeks to engage with local individuals and communities, for example with individuals who might be disadvantaged or marginalised and facing multiple deprivations, individuals who are excluded from the education system and individuals who are emerging from the justice system. Centrestage provide a vital platform for these individuals and groups to help them identify their strengths and to help them re-engage with society.
Leadership Connect is a flexible programme accessed by a range of young people who are disengaged or disengaging from school for a variety of reasons.
- Runs for 40 week a year, with 10 additional weeks for school holiday provision.
- Is primarily focused on young people between 10 and 16
- Sees 8-10 attend at any one time, with a mixture of secondary and primary age young people attending throughout a typical week
- Is typically attended for 3 hours per week but can be up to 20 hours
- As well as working with young people Centrestage run workshops within schools to ensure a partnership develops with teachers
The Centrestage Leadership Connect learning framework builds on strengths, believes that every child has greater potential than they currently display, including the potential to be creative with ideas for personal growth and lifelong fulfilment.
- To unlock potential in young people
- To manage and develop a team
- To oversee reporting and evaluating for Leadership Connect
- To grow relationships with local schools
- To grow relationships with parents
- To grow the Leadership Connect curriculum
We seek a very capable person that has experience in working with young people who will be a highly influential and persuasive project leader and enjoys being challenged.
We are seeking an individual who enjoys working in a dynamic people-based environment, where communication and influencing skills are essential. The individual appointed will get the opportunity to play a key role to support and sustain the success and growth of the organisation.
Job Type: part time 20 hours per week and be able to work flexibly over Monday – Friday; 8.30am – 4.00pm.
Closing date: 19th November 2017
If you think this opportunity sounds right for you and you have all criteria that we’re looking for, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org with an up to date CV and cover letter.