THE are looking for an experienced full time Project Manager to provide project management support across the internal THE departments.
Reporting into the CEO, you will be responsible for the full lifecycle management of a variety of projects from initial inception and requirements review through to implementation.
Projects will be typically focussed around business efficiency and customer service improvements, product/revenue growth and expansion, application / system implementation and business resilience improvements.
Key role responsibilities:
The Project Manager will be responsible for the management of the entire project lifecycle on one or more given projects. This will include (but is not limited to):
- Business case review and project feasibility evaluation
- Scope & requirements definition
- Plan/schedule definition and management
- Overall management of and responsibility for each stage of the project, as applicable, including e.g. prototyping, development, testing, UAT, Beta, etc.
- Resource management
- Change management
- Budget definition and management
- Action, Issue and Risk management
- Quality process management
- Supplier and Stakeholder management
- Project progress monitoring and reporting (regular Checkpoint, Highlight and Programme level reporting and Exception reporting if applicable)
- Executive level project briefings
- Ensuring successful project documentation & handover to Operations / Business-As-Usual
- Project closure and review
- Support to the CEO as required in relation to a given project/s.
Education and experience requirements
Significant hands-on Project Management experience, with full accountability and responsibility for project delivery.
You will hold a project management certification and be able to operate in both a Waterfall and Agile environment. You will have a proven track record of delivery across multi-disciplinary projects – covering core areas such as online, system/application development, infrastructure change, and process / change management.
Resource management experience essential. You will be responsible for estimating, scheduling and allocating work across the project team to meet tight deadlines.
You will be an excellent communicator and influencer: the role involves close collaboration with business teams, key stakeholders, technical developers and management of commercial relationships with external 3rd parties.
You will also be comfortable with reporting at an executive level as the role will involve frequent senior management progress / milestone reporting updates.
You will be highly motivated, delivery focussed, pragmatic and have an open and honest approach. Able to work both at a detail and strategic level as and when required.
The ideal candidate will have a “can do” attitude and a calm/measured approach. You must be comfortable working in a fast paced and changing environment and able to take a flexible approach.
Budget & Risk management experience essential.
Knowledge of the Higher Education sector or directory publishing sector would be beneficial.