Vision For Education are currently recruiting for the role of a PRU Art Teacher in a Pupil Referral Unit within the Oldham area. The ideal candidate will have their own vision, creativity, and expertise that they can add to the service. The role will require teaching pupils in a classroom setting but also additional 1:1 with pupils who can have challenging behaviour or Special Educational Needs.
The role as a PRU Art Teacher is challenging but hugely rewarding, leading on engagement, making sure vulnerable young people who are not suited to mainstream schools, get the most out of and enjoy their education. The perfect candidate will be an excellent communicator, show great understanding and patience and be able the motivate the pupils who have become disengaged with education.
The Pupil Referral Units we work with within Oldham provide specialist education and support to younger people who have been placed in PRU schools to maximise their chances within a school setting. As a PRU Art Teacher, you will work within PRU settings, where they are committed to the education of permanently excluded pupils as well as others who have Special Educational Needs and disabilities.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum requirements for the PRU Art Teacher are:
• A minimum of 6 weeks relevant experience
• The ability to facilitate a safe and positive learning environment and de-escalate any threatening or aggressive behaviour
• Have the vision, skills and energy to provide the best opportunity for every child within the PRU school
• Be willing to work in the Oldham area
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a PRU Art Teacher and valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a PRU Art Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision For Education, please contact our Manchester team on 0161 641 3743.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Vision for Education Ltd