PRU Teaching Assistant
Vision for Education is seeking to appoint a qualified Teaching Assistant to join our successful supply teaching team and to work in a local Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) based in Grantham as a PRU Teaching Assistant
This a temporary teaching role due to start immediately on a supply basis but with the possibility of longer term bookings.
The desired PRU Teaching Assistant will be supporting the following pupils:
- Students who have been excluded for anti-social behaviour and emotional and behavioural difficulties (EBD)
- Student with special educational needs and disability (SEND)
- Students with school refusal: a type of anxiety which prevents them from going to school
This PRU Teaching Assistant role would be ideal for a qualified Teaching Assistants seeking their first post or equally an experienced Teaching Assistant looking for a new challenge.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience required for this position is 6 weeks working with children within the last 2 years.
To be considered for the position of PRU Teaching Assistant , you will:
• Hold a minimum of a Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification
• Have knowledge and passion for working with challenging children
• Have the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons
• Be able to employ effective and dynamic behavioural management strategies
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo an Enhanced DBS check that is registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education:
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education can offer:
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receieve:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly through PAYE
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online EduCare training packing worth £350
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations) to make sure you get paid what you deserve
- £50 refer a friend bonus scheme
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria)
- Pension Contributions (subject to qualifying period)
- Access to a dedicated consultant who will provide ongoing support
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
How to apply:
If you are a qualified Teaching Assistant interested in taking on the role of a PRU Teaching Assistant and can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact the Lincolnshire Branch.