Opportunity to join an ‘Outstanding’ all-through academy specialising in mathematics and citizenship.
Start date: September 2019
Salary: Ark Inner London Pay Scales £30,406 - £41,381 dependent on experience
Location: Wembley, London
Nearest Tube station: Wembley Park (Jubilee/Metropolitan)
Deadline: 9:00am Monday 28 January 2019
Interviews: will be arranged on an ongoing basis
Ofsted: Outstanding (2010)
Visits to our school are encouraged; to arrange, please call 0208 385 4370.
Ark Academy is an all-through school in state-of-the-art school in Wembley, set against the backdrop of the iconic Wembley Stadium, with excellent transport links
We are now seeking to appoint a Psychology/Sociology Teacher to teach within a growing department post 16. These are both popular subjects at ‘A’ level and show every sign of expanding further. We are looking for a successful ‘A’ level teacher who is committed to developing further the popularity of these subjects through engaging and rigorous teaching and commitment to the highest standards. We want a teacher who has passion, enthusiasm, alongside the skills and desire to develop and nurture every child in their care. They will deliver consistently excellent teaching and learning, to help all students to achieve excellent academic results.
The ideal candidate will:
- be an outstanding teacher of Psychology/Sociology or have the potential to become outstanding
- be experienced in raising or the desire to raise attainment in a challenging classroom environment
- have proven experience working or the desire to work successfully with students of all abilities
- be committed to Ark’s ethos of high expectations and no excuses and the belief that every child can succeed
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- become part of a team developing a new ‘Outstanding’ all-through academy
- join a highly successful team that has an exceptional track record for training teachers.
- access continuous staff development. We have a minimum of 10 training days and weekly in school sessions of a high standard. We strongly support NPQML, NPQSL and Lead Practitioner course.
- join the Ark network and have access to a range of benefits including professional development opportunities, reduced gym membership and large retail discounts
We welcome applications from NQTs as well as more experienced candidates, with TLRs available for an appropriately qualified and experienced candidate.
As a member of Ark Academy you will receive extensive professional development geared towards excellence. Weekly sessions designed by those who understand the context of the school, are ensured to cater for our teachers’ every need. In addition, the school provides continual support and career progression. Numerous comprehensive training programmes are available to our staff from NQTs to aspiring middle and senior leaders.
Our successful behaviour policies treat student behaviour not as the responsibility of individual teachers, but of the entire school. This ensures as a teacher at Ark Academy, your time is never wasted dealing with discipline. Our students know what is expected of them, allowing both students and teachers to focus on learning.
As a teacher at Ark Academy, you will be part of Ark, an international charity and one of the UK's most successful multi-academy trusts, with a network of 35 schools in 4 locations across the country. Benefits of being part of the Ark network include:
- A salary 2.5% higher than the main scale teacher salaries
- Twice as many training days as standard and network-wide events with Ark colleagues, held by the best minds in education
For further information please go to www.arkacademy.org. For an informal, confidential discussion, please contact our Recruitment Manager Denise McKenna on 020 8385 4370 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your online application by 9:00am Monday 28 January 2019. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis so early applications are encouraged.
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.