Sherfield School is an independent, co-educational day and boarding school of approximately 470 pupils from 3 months to 18 years. Sherfield School is well-located in rural Hampshire, near Reading and only 45 minutes by train from London. Set in 75 acres of grounds, Sherfield has a forward thinking educational vision, a growing Sixth Form, impressive GCSE and A Level results and an ambitious development programme. Our core values of global citizenship are reflected in our international boarding community and our strong links with GEMS schools overseas. We offer a competitive salary and a fantastic working and learning environment with excellent professional development throughout the year.
- Free meals provided when the school kitchen is open
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- 50% reduction on school fees for children attending the school (pro rata)
We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and committed Psychology teacher to teach GCSE and A Level.
The preferred candidate will:
· have a degree in Psychology;
· be a qualified teacher with at least three years of experience;
· be an excellent and innovative teacher;
· be inspiring and able to motivate and challenge pupils to make rapid progress;
· be expected to possess the ability to teach Psychology at GCSE and A Level;
· be able to establish strong relationships and have excellent interpersonal skills;
· be passionate about the development of critical thinking skills;
· be up to date with curriculum developments and be innovative in implementing them.
Full details of the post and an application form may be obtained from the Sherfield School website.
All candidates are required to complete an application form in full. Please note that applications must be made on the School’s application form and accompanied by a covering letter of no more than 500 words.
To apply, please send your letter and Sherfield application form via post to: Sally Holmes, Sherfield School, Sherfield on Loddon, Hook, and Hampshire, RG27 0HU OR electronically via e-mail: email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications: Midday, Wednesday 25 October 2017
Interviews will be held shortly afterwards,
Sherfield School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening as part of their application. This includes submitting an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check prior to employment, including checks with past employers.