Pupil Premium Academic Mentor
Grade: LGPS Band 4
Hours/Weeks: 37 hours, Term time only + Inset Days
Starting date for this post: 1st September 2019
We are seeking a motivated member of staff to support a range of students to achieve their full academic potential. Working closely with subject teachers and other staff, you will assist in identifying barriers to learning and deliver effective support in order to raise achievement. The successful candidate will:
• Work closely with subject teachers to identify what support would assist pupil premium students to achieve or exceed their target grades
• Prepare individual intervention plans for focus students in conjunction with the Assistant Headteacher (Raising Standards Lead)
• Liaise with Heads of Year and other staff to identify Pupil Premium students in need of support
• Conduct interviews with students to identify barriers to learning
• Provide in class support for underachieving Pupil Premium students
• Analyse pupil data in order to monitor the progress of identified individuals and report to the Deputy Head Teacher (Pupil Premium) on the impact of the intervention
• Have ongoing communication with teaching and pastoral staff
• Complete case studies for selected students
Applicants must have grade C or above in Maths and English or equivalent and Level 3 Qualifications. Experience of working in a school environment or in a supervisory role with young people will be an advantage. Successful candidates will be subject to DBS clearance.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date: Thursday 27 June 2019.