We are looking to employ someone to enable a physically disabled student to participate in school life as fully as possible. During times when personal support is not required, you will be asked to provide support in a variety of general administrative roles.
An indication of the duties and responsibilities are as set out below, but for a full job description, please see the attached Candidate Brief.
- Providing care and support to the assigned student;
- Promoting the general progress and well-being of the assigned student;
- Making records of and reports on the personal and social needs of students (as necessary);
- Supporting teaching staff when possible and required;
- Providing administrative support throughout the School, as required
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
We would expect the successful applicant to undertake all other reasonable duties related to the role, including attendance and participation in all meetings, as required from time to time.
Flexibility of approach, a sense of fun, a readiness to respond to students’ individual needs and an enthusiastic, open approach are among the qualities we value.
d’Overbroeck’s offers staff and students alike a friendly and welcoming environment where classes are small and standards are high.
In order to fulfil the requirements of this post, it is essential that the successful applicant has:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Experience in a school or college environment; and
- Experience in care
It would also be advantageous to demonstrate:
- Self-management and time-keeping skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Experience of organising, or participating in, extra-curricular activities.
Applicants should complete the Form entitled Application for a non-Teaching Post. Along with a full CV and covering letter, this should be e-mailed to HR@doverbroecks.com and a signed copy sent to:
333 Banbury Road
Please apply as soon as possible, but no later than Wednesday, 27 June 2018.
Please note that we reserve the right to shortlist and invite candidates in for interview prior to this date.