The school is a very popular and over-subscribed mixed 11-18 school situated in pleasant surroundings on the outskirts of Manchester. Ashton on Mersey School is part of The Dean Trust multi-academy and sponsor. The school enjoys a close partnership with Manchester United Football Club, its principal sponsor. Ashton on Mersey School has enjoyed five consecutive ‘outstanding’ Ofsted Reports.
Over the years we have become a school of first choice; we continue to build and develop on our success and were delighted to be awarded with the Greater Manchester Secondary School of the Year Award in 2014.
Ashton on Mersey School is an exceptional school with an outstanding reputation founded on our Mission Statement: ‘To provide opportunities in order to assist all pupils to achieve their full potential and to treat pupils as we would wish to have our own children treated.’ This ethos exists in every aspect of the school as we seek to provide each student with the opportunity to attain their full academic potential and the skills and qualifications to access further education or the world of work. The post holder will be expected to support an outstanding approach to personal development, behaviour and welfare across the school.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
• Good numeracy/literacy skills - GCSE ‘C’ grades or better equivalencies in English Language and maths
• Experience of working with young people in a behaviour management setting
• An individual who is determined to provide the best quality teaching and support for every pupil, and who are committed to maintaining our high standards.
• An individual who is committed to ensuring that every pupil is given the opportunity to achieve their potential and meet the high expectations set for them
• An individual with a continued commitment to their own professional development
For more information about Ashton on Mersey School please click on the 'learn more about this school' button below.
CLOSE DATE: 10AM MONDAY 25TH JUNE 2018
The Dean Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring check and Disqualification