An exciting opportunity for a Teacher, has arisen at Bertha Park School, Enhanced Provision.
Bertha Park School is an inclusive school opening in August 2019 with a graduated entry for S1 and S2 in the first academic session.
We are looking for a candidate with excellent communication skills, a strong background of innovative and engaging learning and teaching experiences and a working knowledge of leading aspects of school improvement and self-evaluation.
The successful applicant will ideally
- have experience of teaching young people with difficulties consistent with Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
- be responsible for managing the learning of young people with a range of additional support needs including in mainstream learning environments.
- have skills in delivering learning experiences which are engaging and challenging.
- be able to display skills in collaborative working and working with parents in a supportive and engaging manner.
- have a range of strategies to ensure that young people are healthy, safe, engaged and achieving.
You will be responsible for leading and managing support for young people, particularly in the Enhanced Provision and liasing with parents, partners and other staff within the school.
You will be supported by a pupil support assistant and other staff to ensure that young people's needs are met.
You will contribute to staff development to enhance their professional knowledge and skills offering oportunities for further development as required.
Closing date: 16/06/2019
Bertha Park High School, Bertha Park, Perth