An inspiring initiative by one of the most prominent UAE families Al Ghurair, Dar Al Marefa School is a top-ranked and widely recognised bilingual International Baccalaureate® school in Dubai, with a broader academic vision – to make a significant contribution to the next generation of the UAE by partnering with parents, friends and the local community.
Dar Al Marefa is an IB World School offering a bilingual education in English and Arabic. Our curriculum reflects our respect for local and regional cultures while preparing our students for an increasingly complex and interconnected world. Our teaching staff from 17 different nationalities provide a world-class education to our student body from over 35 countries. The school has relocated to an innovative new campus in Al Khawaneej with high end facilities, led by an inspirational leadership team.
Due to our continuous growth, we welcome new members of staff to join our wonderful team of international educators every year. With a passion for teaching and the ability to inspire student inquiry and engagement, we are seeking applications from educators with the ability to differentiate learning and to demonstrate a deep commitment to educating the child in a holistic manner.
The PYP Class Teacher will plan and deliver lessons to ensure outstanding student learning through individual, small group and in-class teaching methods in line with IB/PYP framework. The ideal applicant will possess a kind and personable nature and engaging personality. The teacher will place emphasis on providing their students with well-resourced lessons and promote every child's right to learn by creating a warm but challenging environment for the children. Teachers will not only be expected to develop a fantastic rapport with their class but the whole school and the wider community. The ideal teacher will possess confidence in delivering lessons of all core subjects and can develop children’s confidence and self-esteem.
- Degree in Elementary Education, Primary Education, Childhood (Or relative fields);
- Valid American Teaching License, PGCE with UK Qualified Teachers Status, Bachelors of Education or SACE;
- Minimum 2 years proven teaching experience essential; ideally within an IB school;
- Proven track record in delivering outstanding results;
- Professional commitment to the successful implementation of an enriched IB/PYP curriculum;
- High level of IT Skills;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work closely with students, parent and peers;
- Be willing to engage in extra-curricular activities;
- Strong work ethic and willingness to contribute to the general welfare of the School.
Living in Dubai:
As one of the world’s most dynamic cities and an international hub, Dubai is a major player in the international teaching market offering first-class education. Dar al Marefa seek diversity and inspiring academics who have the same family values as we do.
We provide a generous package which includes; a tax-free salary, residence visa, private medical insurance, an annual flight allowance home and tuition fee concessions. We can help you with the stress of relocation and can provide you high quality company accommodation.
To apply,please complete and submit your TES application form.
All appointments are subject to interview, successful references and background checks, visa and work permit approval as per UAE Labour law and KHDA approval.
Dar Al Marefa Private School
Al Khawaneej, Dubai
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 18 years