IB Coordinator is a member of the Senior Leadership Team and is responsible for the effective organization of the IB curriculum program. The IB Coordinator reports to the School Principal.
- Design a curriculum within the IB framework that embraces teaching and learning for pupils from age 2 to 18.
- Work collegially within the Primary School to support the school’s vision, mission and philosophy; support the school’s curricular and philosophical commitments as an IB World School; and assist the Primary School in meeting its planning goals.
- Help promote a culture where diversity is encouraged and where students learn to respect differences, take responsibility for their actions, exercise leadership and strive for academic excellence.
- To maintain accurate written and/or electronic records of all aspects of the IB PYP and MYP program.
- Ensure that the school meets all IB regulations and deadlines.
- Plan and organize the teaching PD, especially the IB PD for all the teachers
- Holder of Bachelor's Degree and teacher's qualification
- At least 8 years' of full-time experience in mainstream education
- High proficiency in English
- An ability to Integrate teaching and management for IB Curriculum (or UK curriculum), the school developed during the tenure.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and vision for the future of educational practice
- A passion for education and excellence; ability to inspire colleagues, to accept responsibility, show in their actions and decisions firmness, fairness, consistency and integrity.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the IB programmes and of key developments, issues and trends in international education
- Excellent leadership skills
- Work effectively as a member of a team
- Courage to introduce and manage change and innovation
- Ability to show good cultural understanding and differentiation between students from various backgrounds
- Ability to absorb information, analyse data and present overall picture and trends
- Flexible, inclusive and pragmatic management style
- Clear strategic thinking
- High level interpersonal and administrative skills
- Articulate and a strong communicator
- Confident in meeting and communicating with others
- Possess good organisational skills, manage time efficiently and be able to meet deadlines
ISA Tianhe International School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 14 years
ISA Tianhe International School (formally was established to offer students in Guangzhou an outstanding academic and holistic education. The School follows the framework of the IB PYP curriculum. ISA is an authorized PYP school.