SEK International School Qatar is located in the prominent West Bay, Al Farouq Street in Doha, Qatar. Our aim at SEK International Schools is to provide a high quality international education through the development of our students’ abilities to the highest level of their potential.
SEK-Qatar offers education in English from Preschool 3 to Grade 12 with access to study Spanish and Arabic as additional languages. A truly International IB World School, we have more than 55 Nationalities represented amongst our students, we are authorised to offer the PYP, MYP and Diploma Programmes and we are NEASC accredited.
We are seeking candidates for 2020-2021 academic year:
Ensure that the daily operation of our Primary School reflects the school mission and values and that those are implemented through the IB Primary Years Programme.
• Contribute to the design of the strategic plan of the school.
• Keep abreast of educational developments and research in the age range related to the PYP.
• Provide pedagogical and administrative leadership with a focus on developing learning and teaching.
• Work in collaboration with the Director of Learning & Teaching, MYP and DP coordinators to oversee IB evaluation visits and action plans.
• Ensure high standards of teaching and learning through regular classroom visits, co-teaching and supporting teachers in their own professional learning.
• Support PYP teachers in delivering an inquiry-based education.
• Ensure that the IB Standards and Practices and Programme requirements are implemented in the school. This includes:
a. Review, development and promotion of the programme implementation throughout the school and the school community.
b. Organization and leadership of PYP meetings/workshops for parents or others related to the programme, at the Head of the School’s request.
c. Organization of the PYP Teachers’ Professional Development Plan ensuring teachers are in compliance with the IB requirements in this regard.
d. Organization and leadership of the collaborative planning process.
e. Design and implementation of the induction process for new teachers.
• Assume day-to-day responsibility for the management of Primary School student behaviour, attendance, and discipline in cooperation with homeroom teachers.
• Ensures student progress is accurately recorded and reported regularly to parents.
• Take a collaborative leadership role in the transition of students into MYP.
• Develop, maintain, and supervise the duty rosters and monitor play areas for duty supervision.
• Extensive background in primary curriculum, standards and pedagogy.
• Teaching qualification.
• Relevant experience in PYP teaching and implementation.
• Successful IB World School leadership experience with IB training preferred.
• Familiar with IT tools (ManageBac).
• Strong organisational and communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
• Fluency in English. Arabic and Spanish desirable.
• NEASC experience will be viewed favourably.
Job type: full time.
Starting in August 2020.
What we offer:
We are committed to developing our staff and run regular professional development workshops to ensure our teachers are equipped to provide students with the best possibly educational experience.
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, medical insurance, housing allowance, free child places and an annual flight allowance along with great corporate discounts with many service providers in Qatar.